Workhorse Campaign No 51101-C completed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Photog

Workhorse Campaign No 51101-C is completed on my coach.  I picked it up today and the new brakes feel great.  I had new pads and rotors so that is is a complete brake job.

This is just in time for my annual fall trip North.  :)

:mad: :-[ :-[  Just found out from a service center the final notice is set to start on the 17th. What I have been told is that there will be "Preferred" Service Centers that will offer a "Package" for $1,500.00 that will include pads, rotors and seals. The new calipers have a new piston material and should not have the problems the old one had. I hope this ends the saga of bad brakes!!!  ;D

You saying that they are charging you guys for their recall?

parmm said:
You saying that they are charging you guys for their recall?
The calipers are replaced as part of the recall.  If you want pads, rotors, seals and fluid, you pay for it.
I thought it was better to have a complete brake job, rather than just a caliper replacement.

miket said:
Brake fluid is included in the caliper kit, and there should be no charge for brake fluid.

Yes Mike, for each Caliper Kit, there is 1 quart of fluid included, so that means that 2 quarts will be provided for 4 calipers.  A brake flush will be completed with the caliper change, so an owner shouldn't be charged.

The ASC's had notification in mid July on the upcoming campaign.

This info has been available to the ASC's since end of August, along with other info for them on how to handle customer calls to them.

Caliper Kit Quantity per Vehicle Description
W8006753    2 Bosch Brake Caliper Kit

Quantity per Kit Description
2 Bosch Brake Calipers
2 Brake Bleeder Screws
1 Quarts DOT 3 Brake Fluid
1 per 2 Kits Campaign Completion Sticker

and if necessary,

Slide Pin Kit Required to Close 50401-C, or, Required to Replace ZOPS Pins with ZOH-T Pins:

Part Number Quantity per Vehicle Description
W8000352  4  Slide Pin Kit 

??? Some of them maybe did not look up the info available to them. It has been posted on a site they have access to. :'(

You might want to check your resources. Only 2 qts are being provided. It takes at least 3 and is being reported if we want a comp flush, we have to pay.

Photog said:
Workhorse Campaign No 51101-C is completed on my coach.

Got mine done too and between the Workhorse recall and the dealer, I was not charged for anything. After all these years, feels good to know that I no longer have defective brakes or brake concerns in the back of my mind while traveling the highway.

Wonder if I can take back that infrared thermometer for a refund...  :)

Richard 34A said:
After all these years, feels good to know that I no longer have defective brakes or brake concerns in the back of my mind while traveling the highway.

I completely agree!  :)

Richard 34A said:
Got mine done too and between the Workhorse recall and the dealer, I was not charged for anything. After all these years, feels good to know that I no longer have defective brakes or brake concerns in the back of my mind while traveling the highway.

Wonder if I can take back that infrared thermometer for a refund...  :) Lets hope this is the real fix. Remember after the first recall they said "it" was the real fix. safe travels.....JDSR

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dhoehn02
Back
Top Bottom