Workhorse Chassis Brake thread locked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FrontrangeRVer

Out of 79 pages of threads here on the Motorhome Board, the Workhorse Chassis Brake thread had over 18,000 views, and was the 2nd most viewed thread in the Motorhome board.

It's a shame that this thread was locked and not moderated when the last 3 posts between 2 people became personal. 

I would request that this thread that I started nearly 2 years ago be unlocked as I have some pictures and an update to the recall I would like to post on this Workhorse Chassis thread. 

There are no prizes for most viewed discussions. If there were, this one wouldn't come close. Go ahead and start a new topic Mark and, if you wish, link to the other one. We'll gladly add a link in the opposite direction.

FrontrangeRVer said:
I would request that this thread that I started nearly 2 years ago be unlocked as I have some pictures and an update to the recall I would like to post on this Workhorse Chassis thread.

Are you taking any guesses as to what you want to post? I just got an email from Workhorse Chassis, letting me know that the 'Workhorse Brake Recall Repairs Begin'. Reading further down the bulletin, I see that WH is offering a $1,499 brake repair due to overlapping labor. Since I waited for the recall and repairs that were officially covered by WH, it doesn't apply to me, but wonder what happens with the people that had to make brake repairs due to an actual failure, and paid out of pocket, with parts that have now been replaced with the new design. Of course, I'm sure that those brakes will now be upgraded to the newly-revised design, but will WH offer those same customers that already paid for the brake repair with the old parts? Over the years, I've seen posts from Workhorse chassis owners claiming that they had to pay part, or most, and even a few that stated they had to pay the full amount of the repairs at that time. Is Workhorse offering any compensation to those owners?

Richard 34A said:
Are you taking any guesses as to what you want to post? I just got an email from Workhorse Chassis, letting me know that the 'Workhorse Brake Recall Repairs Begin'. Reading further down the bulletin, I see that WH is offering a $1,499 brake repair due to overlapping labor. Since I waited for the recall and repairs that were officially covered by WH, it doesn't apply to me, but wonder what happens with the people that had to make brake repairs due to an actual failure, and paid out of pocket, with parts that have now been replaced with the new design. Of course, I'm sure that those brakes will now be upgraded to the newly-revised design, but will WH offer those same customers that already paid for the brake repair with the old parts? Over the years, I've seen posts from Workhorse chassis owners claiming that they had to pay part, or most, and even a few that stated they had to pay the full amount of the repairs at that time. Is Workhorse offering any compensation to those owners?
Richard,in alot of cases we had to pay for our repairs and have been turned down for reimburshment time after time. I have posted on other sites for the ones that have been turned down to take wh to small claims court. Very easy to do and in my state/county only cost 50.00. In some cases just the threat of small claims will do. I have been very sucessful in getting all my money back. Folks, dont sit on your laurals. Make wh do the right thing. This is how just a few of us got this recall, we stood up to wh and its reps driver and grey. Its funny how driver fought us every step of the way saying it was our fault and not a wh problem but when we got the recall he was the fifth person getting his done. Now he is trying to sell complete brake jobs for wh shops as I predicted based on nothing but in his opinion it a good deal and not milage or wear. B.S. Remember, he is a paid wh rep.  He stated if we have a 2004 or eariler we should get the 1500.00 brake job  "DEAL". I had a  wh shop call me to set up the appt to get recall and they were really putting on the pressure to buy the comp brake job, site unseen. I only have 4000 miles on my brakes but they didnt know or even ask about the milage. Folks dont buy the hype. check your pad,etc or have a trusted mech do it for you if you dont know how before you take it to a wh shop.  P.S. with all the hype they were pushing about replacing the brake fluid, wh is not doing so even though the system is opened. This proves that wh doesnt even believe the rpl brake fluid hype. They are sending 2 qts of brake fluid and it takes 3. Its being reported shops charging over 100.00 to add the third qt.  Like I said, stand up for what you believe in.  JDSR.

FrontrangeRVer said:
It's a shame that this thread was locked and not moderated when the last 3 posts between 2 people became personal. 

Ned, thanks for deleting the offending posts and unlocking the said thread!  I really appreciate it!  :)

You're welcome.  Hopefully there will only be constructive messages added to that topic.

winnie35 said:
He stated if we have a 2004 or eariler we should get the 1500.00 brake job  "DEAL". I had a  wh shop call me to set up the appt to get recall and they were really putting on the pressure to buy the comp brake job, site unseen. I only have 4000 miles on my brakes but they didnt know or even ask about the milage. Folks dont buy the hype. check your pad,etc or have a trusted mech do it for you if you dont know how before you take it to a wh shop.  P.S. with all the hype they were pushing about replacing the brake fluid, wh is not doing so even though the system is opened. This proves that wh doesnt even believe the rpl brake fluid hype. They are sending 2 qts of brake fluid and it takes 3. Its being reported shops charging over 100.00 to add the third qt.  Like I said, stand up for what you believe in.  JDSR.

Thanks for the update, winnie35. Maybe someone here has filed a request for reimbursement more closely to the last WH bulletin issued and can tell us how the process is going. Seems that there were a lot of owners who already had their brakes repaired, out of pocket, using the 'old' parts and now have to do the recall. I would think that WH would be open to a full reimbursement for those original repairs.

I just had the recall done, and the local dealer didn't offer me any 'deals' per se. I even asked, before they had a chance to inspect the brakes, if he thought it needed pads and/or rotors, what would the cost be and he gave me an off the cuff quote of over two grand, plus shop supplies, etc. Since I just spent $3k on tires and $1100 on a 'refurbished' gauge cluster, I wasn't too excited about the quote. (18k miles / fuel gauge went out - can't repair or replace just the faulty gauge. I've seen vehicles with over 200k miles on the original fuel gauge, but not with the luck that I've had with my WH chassis.)

Turns out that due to previous repairs because of the brakes hanging up and the previously replaced parts, he had me do just the brake recall campaign and called it good. I offered to pay the shop supply fees and the extra brake fluid, but he said no. He says that he is losing money on every brake recall repair due to what WH pays him for the complete job, but said he felt that he needed to do the 'right thing' for all the owners that went through so much to get to this point.

Sounds like a good long-term business man and plan to me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gregcss43
Back
Top Bottom