Workhorse Reduced Engine Power

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CaptainBC

I recently purchased an '04 Itasca 30W. Got it home and tried to back up my driveway grade and the engine dropped to rough idle and the readout said Reduced Eng. Power. Turned off the ignition and back on and tried again with the same results. I have tried backing up on different up hill grades and different conditions, eg. paved or gravel and always the same. The local Workhorse repair facility says they have never heard of this and the computer has no stored fault codes. If this is a normal protection condition then it could be potentially a big problem if, for example someone parks in front of me on a grade or anytime I need to back up on a grade. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks.

I presume this is a diesel. You might mention what engine and transmission so that folks with some knowledge (not me) would have a bit more to work with.

Check the fluid level in your cooling system. There is a low fluid sensor that will put the engine in reduced power to protect it.

Larry N. said:
I presume this is a diesel. You might mention what engine and transmission so that folks with some knowledge (not me) would have a bit more to work with.

The title indicates it is a Workhorse chassis, which would not be diesel.  Presumably it has the Chevy 8.1L engine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasondenman
Back
Top Bottom