Would you buy an EV?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good. Because wealthy Californians pick up the tab for many things in this country including the welfare states who rely on the government for more than their own taxpayers can fund within their own states.
Good grief. Not sure where that came from.

FWIW, I have noticed more anti-EV articles lately, especially on the web. I have no issue with that until they show things that can easily be proven false.

-Don- Reno, NV
Big Oil is taking notice EV’s are becoming an existential threat. We never heard Canadians were falling dead on the sidewalks until the American Healthcare Industrial Complex armed itself to stop the ACA. Now that Medicare is making noise about negotiating drug prices Big Pharma is running ads urging Americans to call their elected representative and tell them we don’t want the gov’t involved in regulating drug prices ( like they do in every other country on the planet and besides we want to pay 5-10 X’s what the British do for the same drug).

That’s way cool. Badass. I love how the stick shifter was still there. LOL
And you did that 27 years ago.

Very cool - brings me back - my first new vehicle (and first truck) was a 1991 S10 regular cab, 2WD, 4 cyl, 5 speed, no radio but had the optional rear bumper. Loved that truck!

Please, no comparisons to what Europe is doing vs the U.S.. And, for that matter Canada, which is obviously part of North America, but is far more European than American as dictated by its form of government which affects lifestyle such as apartment living vs home ownership.

Circa 1998:

Mark's Electric S10

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

Awesome, and a webpage to boot! Do you still have the truck?

I think it was late-90's when GM actually did a small run of factory BEV S10's in the second generation body style. I was a teenager at the time and felt like the future had arrived. I honestly didn't think EV's would retreat back into the closet for another two decades.

I still have the S10 EV. It hasn't moved since the batteries crapped out about 15 years ago and I was deep in the throes of major house remodeling. I had already bought my current daily driver ICE from a relative so the EV got parked until better days. Then I bought an RV. :sick: Needs paint (NM sunburn), tires and who knows what other effects of decomposition but when I parked it, it was my daily driver (no collision or functional problems). Can't bear to just junk it, and as my current daily driver is turning 30 it would seem a plausible solution to fix up the EV before the ICE craps out and drive it around as both a vintage truck (1985) and vintage EV. Heck, could even fix it up with a lightweight pack and turn it into a toad for the RV.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

Long long ago, when I was a kid, I got to ride in an early EV - in a parade. It looked something like the attached pic. Was it everything we would want today? Nope. Certainly not something usable by the RV community. But just imagine what we might have by now if the early EVs were worked on for as long or as focused as the ICE cars were. Along the way, we were also convinced that electric cars and things like the public electric trollies or anything else that competed with gas buggies and oil companies were not worth working on. But... we now know ICEs are bad for our health and the health of the planet. Sooner or later we will just have to change. I am hoping for an eRV that is affordable and reasonably useful in my lifetime.

Attachments

• downloadev.jpg
    downloadev.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 3
Don't know your age Blue, but I hope you are of the wealthy type to be able to afford an electric RV should they become available. And, by that, I mean like a nice class A, not a smallish B or B+. Oh yeah, being retired would help too since you won't be able to go far for each day of travel.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheriRv
Back
Top Bottom