Yellowstone 2016 or Bust! Forum Rally May 15 through May 21, 2016

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At the moment, tomorrow, Wed night, and Thurs night, in Ogden.

We are in Cortez tonight and had dinner with Wendy and Mike Lawrence and have Mike and Chrystal Zeuch on the hook for Thursday in Ogden or SLC.

Jump in there somewhere!

Kim

SargeW said:
We are pulling into the Salt Lake KOA on Friday for a few days. Not sure if we will miss you or not.
I like that KOA. Urban, a little crowded, but right on the Trax (light rail) line to downtown. We get our propane refilled there occasionally too. Check out the Red Iguana Mexican restaurant a few blocks east, but be prepared for a long wait if you don't get there early.

UTTransplant said:
I like that KOA. Urban, a little crowded, but right on the Trax (light rail) line to downtown. We get our propane refilled there occasionally too. Check out the Red Iguana Mexican restaurant a few blocks east, but be prepared for a long wait if you don't get there early.

I haven't stayed at the KOA or even been to the KOA in SLC, but I can vouch for the Red Iguana restaurant.  Pretty tasty.

Mike.

We are pulling out of St. Louis today. Going 70 to Kansas City then up to I80 to Salt Lake. We can't wait to meet all of you!

For Ogden stops, Wasatch View Estates is a Passport Park, $20 a night, it is a mobile home park, not the best of places, but near shopping etc.  Just little further north there is Willard Bay SP, might be buggy as heck.  $25 a night, at Flying J exit. 

Wasatch is a little different, but we felt it was OK for an overnight stop.

ken

PancakeBill said:
For Ogden stops, Wasatch View Estates is a Passport Park, $20 a night, it is a mobile home park, not the best of places, but near shopping etc.  Just little further north there is Willard Bay SP, might be buggy as heck.  $25 a night, at Flying J exit.

Has everything you need for a $20 overnight (Passport America) in an otherwise expensive city - 50 amp FHU, great view, a mile off the interstate, nice managers, convenient access to everything Ogden and Salt Lake City!

We've spent a lot more for a lot less... 8)

Attachments

• Wasatch View_540.jpg
    Wasatch View_540.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 16
So...looking at Accuweather for the rally dates, we're probably going to have a few nights below freezing. NOT at all uncommon in that part of the world...so, should I pick up a heat tape for my water supply hose?

I was hoping to find one in the clearance sections of Lowes or Home Depot...but no such luck.

Typically what I do for a freezing night is to unhook the water hose overnight, running on the internal tank, until it warms up the next day. Much simpler.

Larry N. said:
Typically what I do for a freezing night is to unhook the water hose overnight, running on the internal tank, until it warms up the next day. Much simpler.

This is what we do, quite often here actually.  For a weekend or 4-ish day trip I will many times fill up at home and never even connect to the campgrounds water.  Longer trips, just hook up, fill the tank, disconnect as needed.  I don't like to worry about it so if there is at all a chance of sub-30 or so degree temps I just do the above so I don't even have to be concerned with freezing something.

Mike.

Doesn't work at the KOA in Laramie ss they still have the water turned off, but they don't reduce the price any. Forty dollars a night for not a great deal, but its on the way and I was tired after 10 hrs on the road. Normally limit it to six, but wanted to do the mountains in the am.

See (some of ya?) tomorrow hopefully,

Ernie

Kim, We are looking forward to your arrival. The weather is variable with low temps at night.  We have to close on Sunday so we might not see you for a day or so. We should be opening on Monday so it's possible we could drive into West Yellowstone that afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom