Yellowstone 2016 or Bust! Forum Rally May 15 through May 21, 2016

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PancakeBill said:
I don't think there would be any horseback riding, still snow out there in the back country.  There are several outfitters around, I'll try to find some links.

Thanks for the comment.  Maybe there are other options for guided tours of the remote areas?  We've been there a few times in the past and always say, "Next time, we are going to find a way to visit some of the back country places that we hear about".  We've read about X=country ski tours; snowmobile tours; horse-back tours; hiking tours; etc but before we pick something off the web, we thought we ask here if anyone has suggestions.

Thx, G.

taoshum said:
Thanks for the comment.  Maybe there are other options for guided tours of the remote areas?  We've been there a few times in the past and always say, "Next time, we are going to find a way to visit some of the back country places that we hear about".  We've read about X=country ski tours; snowmobile tours; horse-back tours; hiking tours; etc but before we pick something off the web, we thought we ask here if anyone has suggestions.
The best way to experience the back country is to hike. There are over 900 miles of hiking trails in Yellowstone. It is free. My favorite Yellowstone hike is Mystic Falls.

http://www.nps.gov/yell/planyourvisit/dhsampler.htm

For those who had to survive 2015 before planning for 2016, we hope you made it in good shape. But it's a new year, time to start scheduling, and the Yellowstone 2016 Rally is just 127 days from now!

See this FAQ if you have not yet put your name on the list, see who is on the list, and get some other current information.

We are starting to make some harder plans on how to structure this rally which will be a little different than some you may have attended because of the vast amount of ground everyone has to cover in a day's time and we want to be sure to integrate the newbies with the more experienced as it relates to both RV'ing and Yellowstone itself.

Get on the list! If your plans change, we can deal with it!

Think Grizzly!!  8)

This is our first rally and our first trip to Yellow Stone. This is not our first trip in our MH. Last year we went to Vegas, South and North rim Grand Canyon, Bryce and Zion. We traveled for over a month. This year Yellow Stone is just our first stop. We are making plans now but we intend to stay out over a month again this year. I can hardly wait.

Steven

Gary I hate to pick Wendy over you, actually I don't mind it at all, but she is right.  However, if you hit Kim's link, in the first post, there is a FAQ link, and that one works.  Kim, it might be best if you fix the link or a lot of people won't get to it.

Ed

Hfx_Cdn said:
    Gary I hate to pick Wendy over you, actually I don't mind it at all, but she is right.  However, if you hit Kim's link, in the first post, there is a FAQ link, and that one works.  Kim, it might be best if you fix the link or a lot of people won't get to it.

Ed

Ed, you know I found that screw that you gave us when you fixed our dash radio.  If you're not going to be nice, I'm going to keep it. 

scdiver said:
This is our first rally and our first trip to Yellow Stone. This is not our first trip in our MH. Last year we went to Vegas, South and North rim Grand Canyon, Bryce and Zion. We traveled for over a month. This year Yellow Stone is just our first stop. We are making plans now but we intend to stay out over a month again this year. I can hardly wait.

Steven, where do you plan to travel after Yellowstone?

Gary I'm not picking on you, but if you keep leading with your chin, well that fair game.  But, I'm glad to hear that your loose screw has been found, it isn't fun running around with a screw loose.  ;)

Ed

Ed, you're right.  However, it's not my loose screw, it's yours.  So, if you send about $.60 cents US, I'll put it in an envelope and return to NS.  ;)

I beg to differ, it was loose on your coach, I merely supplied it to you for you to use as you saw fit.

Ed

SeilerBird said:
The best way to experience the back country is to hike. There are over 900 miles of hiking trails in Yellowstone. It is free. My favorite Yellowstone hike is Mystic Falls.

http://www.nps.gov/yell/planyourvisit/dhsampler.htm

Not everyone can hike... unfortunate but true.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GandalfTheGrey
Back
Top Bottom