Yosemite in October

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jomo

Any advice on visiting Yosemite in October? I have never been there and welcome all advice on where to stay, possible road conditions, and what to not miss while there.

Bring your skis. The lifts at Badger Pass Ski Area will probably be open. However the golf course will probably be closed. And don't forget your tire chains.

Bring your skis. The lifts at Badger Pass Ski Area will probably be open. However the golf course will probably be closed. And don't forget your tire chains.
Not in October. More like mid November. Same for Tioga Pass. I don't recommend taking an RV over Tioga Pass - the eastern grade is a very steep, constant grade a dozen miles long climbing to almost 10,000 ft.

Climbing Tioga Pass, CA by bike - cycling data and info

Reservations required to enter the park, If made today July 11th has 210 left but none for 7-8-9-10

Yosemite in October is great for walks through the fall color. Most of the valley floor has trees showing colorful leaves but the Mirror Lake loop to the far end (a 5 mile hike) is the best. I've been twice now and the temperatures were mild.

The setting sun will turn Half Dome a brilliant gold, particularly if there's any smoke in the air (smoke in Calif that time of year? a longshot to be sure).

Yosemite Valley in October should be beautiful and certainly less crowded than in the summer months. Growing up Yosemite was a day trip for us so I've been there many many times. The high country is usually open well into mid Nobember so I wouldn't worrry about not being able to get up to Glacier Point or Tioga Road. The negative about October is that even in a normal year some of the waterfalls (Yosemite, Bridal Veil) are dry or no more than a trickle. The whole west is experiencing a multiyear drought and I suspect the falls are not there normal spectacular selves.

I have been snowed on in Yosemite in October.
I've been snowed on in Yosemite in July. High Sierra weather can we interesting to say the least. I currently live near Lake Tahoe and we always say if don't like the weather just wait 5 minutes.

I've been snowed on in Yosemite in July. High Sierra weather can we interesting to say the least. I currently live near Lake Tahoe and we always say if don't like the weather just wait 5 minutes.
I used to live in Incline Village at Tahoe. Glad I am not there right now. I have been snowed on at the Grand Canyon in both May and June and that is in the desert.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxL
Back
Top Bottom