Our New Tiffin Allegro 31SA Motorhome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MikeCoke

After 10 years with our 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 27C with us putting a little over 85,000 miles on it we have upgraded to Tiffin Allegro 31SA. The new coach is 33'5" long compared to the 27'11" on the Sightseer.
It also has a lot more outside storage with several pass throughs in the bays. Inside Wendy lost the big pantry that she had but she is find places to put everything. We are also getting use to Boondocking the the Big Residential Fridge.

Attachments

• OurTiffin31SA2.jpg
    OurTiffin31SA2.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 114
Should be a real joy for vacations. The newer gas rig V10 is very strong and the suspension was designed for a motorhome. If you haven't read it, get the 2014 Ford F-53 brochure for the class A super duty motorhome chassis and read all the suspension upgrades you will be enjoying. These are not the oldies truck chassis. Even the 39ft are enjoying the gas models. There are additional suspension upgrades should you desire them later on. As an example, in the 34 ft range, the gas mh that I have driven ride equally as well as the diesel same length...as also reported by other previous diesel owners.

I have not yet had the opportunity to test drive a Breeze 32, however, with its custom chassis for quite a bit more coin.

Congratulations Mike and Wendy. A great choice for you both. May you have many happy travels in your new coach.

Good show, Mike and Wendy.  You'll be lost in all that space :)  We're sure you'll have many enjoyable miles.

Congratulations, Mike and Wendy.  Great looking coach.  Enjoy.

Mike & Wendy,

Congratulations on the new motorhome!

While you were in Indio transferring to the new coach we were there waiting to get a repair finished. You were having more fun than us!

I looked at that model at the show, it is a beautiful rig.

ken

Ken, trust me, we were NOT having more fun than you ! I hope we never move our 'stuff' to another motorhome ?

Twice the outside storage of our sweet Winnie but less inside storage. Not necessarily a bad thing since we had too much crap in the coach anyway.

Much more "liveable" than the 28-footer. And nicer overall.

The jury is still out on the BRF (big residential fridge). Things should improve when Mike gets the solar panels installed.

This one should last until we downsize to a RoadTrek when we're in our 80s.

Gordon needs a step to get on the bed but overall he approves.

Wendy

Beautiful looking coach!! Yeah, we like our large residential fridge too but we really enjoy boondocking and, as efficient as these fridges are, they and the inverter that's always on, are always drawing power. We had to increase the size of our battery-bank considerably, and install a rooftop full of solar panels to keep up with the power draw of this coach.

Kev

Wendy said:
Ken, trust me, we were NOT having more fun than you ! I hope we never move our 'stuff' to another motorhome ?

Wendy

Wendy,

I still remember the night after our first day of moving stuff from the Windsor to the Camelot. We both lay awake asking if we has made a BIG mistake. We had filled a dumpster with stuff that wouldn't fit in the new coach. We lost both inside( 1 slide to 4) and outside storage (tag axle), but a lot of the "lost" storage was just finding out how to best use the storage in the new rig and that took some time. But that night, the expense, and all the days and days spent on modifications (over 40) on the Camelot makes me think I won't buy a new coach again until we seriously downsize. 

One of our mods was to go to a residential frig and we wouldn't go back. Remember this is our full-time home. We did add battery capacity and solar to help out and now we have basically the same boondocking capability as before we put in the residential. Tell Mike to run large cables from the roof to the Controller and then to the batteries to keep down voltage loss. I used 4ga wire for our 550 watts, but since I now am thinking of adding more panels I wish I had run 2ga. (Monaco's pre-wire for solar was a typical 8ga).

Enjoy the new coach. It's beautiful.

ken

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anewvisionllc
Back
Top Bottom