Easy and Cheap insulated doghouse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

slalumiere

Found an easy and cheap way to insulated the dog house without expensive glues or difficult installation.  Saw on a car show once that the suggested using cheap self adhesive duct insulation as noise/heat insulation.  I found at Home Depot what they showed.  It is made by Frost King # FV516 for under $20.00. It is a 12" wide x 15 foot and only took one roll to cover.  Lowes also carries it.  It is usually in the  the HVAC section where the ducts are.  Home Depot website will tell you exactly what isle and bay it is in.  I took my doghouse off and cleaned it with rubbing alcohol.  Then just  basically peel and stick and trim with a knife.  I went over the metal structure that makes he dog house rigid.    It took maybe 10 minutes to do it.  Just put almost 2000 miles on and what a difference.  The noise from the engine was by far reduced and the doghouse didn't even get warm.  The glue has held with no issues so far and I suspect it will last a very long time.  Since this is designed to install with the glue towards the hot duct and my installation has the foil protecting the glue from the engine heat.    I wish I had done this a long time ago.

What kind of Motorhome do you have? What year? My doghouse has insulation already. Just curious if this was in addition to or there was none?

My signature has my year and model- 2003 Winnebago Brave 34D
I believe the older units do not have any insuation.  Mine was just the bare fiberglass underneath.  There was no evidence that there was insulation there before

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shiairemy
Back
Top Bottom