1973 mci help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tcraycraft

Looking for help on who converted my bus. Need user service manuals. Cant find data plates. Pics attached. Thanks Tim

Attachments

• 0312211315a_HDR.jpg
    0312211315a_HDR.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 0312211315_HDR.jpg
    0312211315_HDR.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 0312211315.jpg
    0312211315.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 16
RV coach user manuals are pretty useless. Once you identify the chassis, service manuals for it can sometimes be found on eBay or from the manufacturer. Appliance manuals for the A/C, fridge, furnace, stove can be found online by googling the maker and model numbers.

RARELY will you find a manufacturer using an MCI chassis, ..Mostly individuals "doing there thing" The "maker" will be a bus company. It's a different world,, I have owned two and assisted with several more ( GMC MCI Eagle Gillig Flxable Prevost.) Usually the manufacturer will have a nomenclature tag in a visable place,, but home builders will remove these tags.>>>Dan ( Look under the drivers seat in the forward storage bay to find the original VIN # stamped in the left front frame rail.)
The Detroit engine will have (if not removed) a nomenclature tag on one of the valve covers giving the specs for that engine.)

Last edited:
Detroit lingo:
8 > number of cylinders
V > block type
92 > cubic inches per cylinder X 8=736 CI=12 liters
T > turbocharged
A > aftercooled
>>>D

Last edited:
It looks like a 5 series coach,, either an A B or C I have a friend in Blacky, AB Canada that just sold his MCI5C factory built coach. It has a Detroit 6V92TA and has been very well maintained by a professional driver.>>>Dan

Looks very similar to a friends coach we used to travel with in BC. How long ago did you buy it and where.

Back
Top Bottom