1994 Fleetwood Southwind 30’

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am new with a RV but of course it’s old - - just got it last week - drove it home

All three batteries I replaced - the coach batteries wired in series - are they to be 6volt or 12 volt marine batteries - is that correct ?
I need a schematic to know where that power goes to because nothing works in the coach.
Now I haven’t plugged into shore power yet - doing that tomorrow

tried to contact Fleetwood Rev Group - cannot speak to customer support - can only email them - email comes back undeliverable - I verified several ways that email was entered correctly
Finally contacted rev group parts - they said they had none of the info that I needed and that customer support was only available by email and that there was nothing they could do to help me. Frustrated in Indiana ! Help !!

Thanks so much for your time and response - to answer your question - Yes I did and I can hear a clicking of the relays when both are buttons are pressed - the batteries that were removed were 2 - of 12 volt - two more questions - can I use the one battery that’s 12Vdc for the house part since I’ve already got them or do I need to just get the two 6 volt batteries ?

second question - since someone already had the two 12 volt batteries in there by mistake although they tested bad - is there a chance the house side of the DC system is toast ?

If the previous house batteries were 12V then they were NOT wired in series ( that would have produced 24 volts ) Two 6 volt batteries will produce 12 volts when in series.. Do your self a favour and get educated on the subject for future use,, you WILL need it..>>>Dan ( Forget REV group,, they will NOT help you if the rig is over 10 years old.)

As manufactured by Fleetwood, your RV had 2 6 volt batteries, in series, as house batteries. Yes you can use one of those 12 volt batteries as a chassis battery, but it may not last a long time because of it's lower cranking amp capacity.
On the inside of the battery control center lid (black box) is a wiring print that should serve your needs.

Richard

My 95 Bounder has 1 12v battery for the chassis, and 2 12v batteries for the house. This the way the previous owner had it setup. So far so good. We don’t hardly ever go on battery power alone in the house. Its on shore, or the generator.

One thing to remember is that those relays that are in the box (battery control center) is that some are latching relays and I think one is not. The one you hear click is the one like a solenoid for a starter and it’s momentary. I wish I could find a schematic for it myself. I have a 94 F53 chassis. It’s pretty much a night mare trying to figure out with the charger and converter tied in there with no clue but we press on. You will find the converter and charger behind the circuit breakers.

I am new with a RV but of course it’s old - - just got it last week - drove it home

All three batteries I replaced - the coach batteries wired in series - are they to be 6volt or 12 volt marine batteries - is that correct ?
I need a schematic to know where that power goes to because nothing works in the coach.
Now I haven’t plugged into shore power yet - doing that tomorrow

tried to contact Fleetwood Rev Group - cannot speak to customer support - can only email them - email comes back undeliverable - I verified several ways that email was entered correctly
Finally contacted rev group parts - they said they had none of the info that I needed and that customer support was only available by email and that there was nothing they could do to help me. Frustrated in Indiana ! Help !!
Glad to see I'm not the only newbie here with an older coach on this forum . I have a 91 FW Pace Arrow . It had a lot of little things wrong but nothing major . Most in which I've already repaired or replaced .

Thanks to this forum ( and the internet ) and having a good parts resource I've learned a lot about this RV world . Seems like everyday I learn something new . It's fun because i like to tinker .

Being a semi retired mechanic this is nice leisurely relaxing fun to me . Good luck with yours .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom