1996 Terry No Hot Water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

twall

Hello, so in my particular issue I have no running water out of the hot water side on any faucet or the shower. When the bypass is on there is cold water coming from the hot side. However when on normal flow there is no water coming out at all. Now, I know the hot water heater works due to the hot water pressure release valve spraying out hot water for several minutes when I have troubleshot it. I’m assuming there has to be a hot water shut off valve somewhere within the system I have not found. Would anyone be able to point me in the direction of this valve? Thank you in advance.

Welcome to the discussion forums!
There might be a check valve on the heater hot outlet pipe that's stuck shut, or another valve in its place.

I’m assuming there has to be a hot water shut off valve somewhere within the system I have not found.
Depending on they type of bypass you have, there woud be either a check valve in the hot water outlet or a valve between the bypass line and the how water outlet. I suspect that Ray is correct. The one valve and the two valve bypass systems both have a check valve on the water heater outlet to prevent cold from the bypass backflowing into the tank.
1715206126218.png
1715206334197.png
1715206598730.png

Took the piping off and sure enough it was clogged with some old plumbing tape. Thank y’all very much for your help! There is now hot water.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
g-man911
Back
Top Bottom