2 Weeks to Full Time RVing!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SpunkyOne_AZ

We're a little anxious but excited about the new adventures ahead! But mostly, I'm freaking out! LOL We're a builder and I'm also a Realtor (ROG in Scottsdale) who sold our custom home for top dollar in this crazy market. Not wanting to overpay as a buyer and not wanting to throw money at a landlord, we opted to buy a 2021 Vanleigh Beacon 41FLB that at least feels like a house. I couldn't do this any other way but to find something that actually felt like a home. NOW, the problem is finding a long-term RV resort to move to. I really do not want to go to Mesa. I checked Hacienda in Chandler and they're booked up until May. Westworld is 14-day max stays in a 30-day period. The snowbirds are in the Phoenix area until about May so, now what?! I could back this into our daughter's driveway in Scottsdale; no HOA there. HAHAHA Anyone from the Phoenix area have any good ideas that keep me close to PV and Scottsdale? That's where we do most of our work. Thank you!!!

Well, here I am to offer advice and I will tell you right now that there is a lot I do not know about your local laws.....

I do know about land. I know that in many states you cannot long term park on land that is not set up as a residence. So, what I have known (really known from very close up) is that if you buy a lot and bring in power, water and some sewer access (whatever these take), you can just call the RV a mobile aka manufactured dwelling and it will pass. So, if you can find a decent piece if dirt and make it fit, you can stay there.

If you pick the right piece, you can build your new home whereever, move in and sell off the low mileage RV and the ready to build on lot.

Hope this works out for you.

Matt_C

We spent two months in Desert's Edge at the 101 & I-17 and there were many long term folks staying there. Not what I would call a high end resort, but worked out well for our needs.

Well, here I am to offer advice and I will tell you right now that there is a lot I do not know about your local laws.....

I do know about land. I know that in many states you cannot long term park on land that is not set up as a residence. So, what I have known (really known from very close up) is that if you buy a lot and bring in power, water and some sewer access (whatever these take), you can just call the RV a mobile aka manufactured dwelling and it will pass. So, if you can find a decent piece if dirt and make it fit, you can stay there.

If you pick the right piece, you can build your new home whereever, move in and sell off the low mileage RV and the ready to build on lot.

Hope this works out for you.

Matt_C

Back
Top Bottom