2000 colement pop up no interior power

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

devodee86

Hi I have a 2000 colemen popup camper I have no power to my interior lights or my water pump. I replaced my kill switch thinking that was it but nothing.  I also checked all fuses they are good. Also my exterior light isn't working either but all my outlets work. Please help been trying to figure this out for months cant find out whats wrong with it.

Welcome to the forum.
I?m assuming you have a battery and a converter. What Is the voltage of the battery while not plugged into shore power. Then check that voltage while plugged into shore power. Very important to check both ways.

When the battery was installed this year, did you accidentally connect the battery leads going to the battery on the wrong post just for a split second? If you did, check the converter for tripped fuses. Many converters have fuses to protect it if the leads are connected wrong. If you have them, check the converter housing for fuses.

I'm not familiar with how a coleman is set up, but if it's anything like a Dutchmen there is a kill switch under the flip over sink/stove portion. It's to prevent you from accidentally leaving a light on and it killing the battery when the popup is closed. On mine it looks like a spring loaded ball bearing in a bracket, as soon as the counter is flipped over it presses it in and power is on.

Back
Top Bottom