2001 beaver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

enelson66

I have air/hydraulic brakes on my magnum chassis Beaver. The master cylinder is located in the front cap with no way to get at it. Does anyone know how to check the fluid level without cutting a whole in the front of the coach?

I used to have that problem with our prior Pace Arrow. I used to have to crawl under a wheel well, over/around a tire, then reach up, and use my finger as a dip stick. I couldn't see what I was doing when filling, and usually over-filled it, resulting in excess brake fluid coming out of the reservoir when I put the cap on. (The cap had a rubber thing on the underside which took up some of the volume of the reservoir, and pushed out any overfill. I suspect it was there as a way of providing expansion room in the reservoir.)

Hopefully, someone else has a more elegant way of dong it.

BTW nowadays I wouldn't fit in a wheel well along with a tire  :-[

;D  Run it up on a 25 ton truck lift. Walk under there and use an inspection mirror to see  what you're doing.  ;D

OK, I'll shut up and go back to my corner, now.  :( ::)

Bad Ray D  ;D

when my wifes makeup compacts get used up, I use them  in strategic places such as on the vertical part of the wheel well. I mounted mine on a block of pressure treated wood so it would be at an angle. When i want to check the fluid, I reach under, open the cover of the compact and I can see the fluid level in the mirror. The only problem is that in the mirror it looks half full when it is actually half empty LOL. I also use them mounted permanently to see my propane tank gauges. Oh and I have one in the fridge compartment (exterior) so anytime I am in there I can see if there is anything living up near the top.

Jerry carries an old mirror in his tool box for such uses.  He also bought in Quartzsite one of those thingies dentists use to look in your mouth.  You know, the little mirror on a bent handle.  They work great.

ArdraF

Ardra,

I'm reminded of the mirror on a 16" flexible shaft that I use in hard-to-see places on the boat. Hadn't thought of that when I owned the Pace Arrow.

Regularguy, that's a creative solution. Now I'm just going to have to ask my wife to start wearing makeup.

Tom said:
Ardra,

I'm reminded of the mirror on a 16" flexible shaft that I use in hard-to-see places on the boat. Hadn't thought of that when I owned the Pace Arrow.

Regularguy, that's a creative solution. Now I'm just going to have to ask my wife to start wearing makeup.
LOL do that and you just may have the MH all to yourself.

Back
Top Bottom