2001 Winnebago Adventurer 35U Solar troubleshooting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dickthemooner

Hello everyone! Thanks for the invite to the group! Question;
Has anyone had issues with the solar charger for the battery charger on a Winnebago? Pretty sure my solar isn't charging. There is a red lite on the Intellitec Power Line panel, but I have never seen it on, and it does not charge. Is there a way to troubleshooting this? I already checked the breaker and there is power to it and out the other side. Any help is appreciated.

Mooner

Hello everyone! Thanks for the invite to the group! Question;
Has anyone had issues with the solar charger for the battery charger on a Winnebago? Pretty sure my solar isn't charging. There is a red lite on the Intellitec Power Line panel, but I have never seen it on, and it does not charge. Is there a way to troubleshooting this? I already checked the breaker and there is power to it and out the other side. Any help is appreciated.

Mooner
If you are referring to the OEM 10-watt panel on the roof, I dont believe there is a controller on it as the 10-watt panel doesnt need it. I always figured that that panel was able to power the red light on the Power Line panel and not much else.

If you are referring to the OEM 10-watt panel on the roof, I dont believe there is a controller on it as the 10-watt panel doesnt need it. I always figured that that panel was able to power the red light on the Power Line panel and not much else.
PJ,

Since there doesn't seem to be a control separate from the powerline panel, I'm assuming the solar panel is probably bad. If I knew where the leads were coming in I would check it with a ohm meter. Thanks for the input!

Look up your coach wiring diagrams on the Winnebago site (Owner Resources) to see where the wire connects. If it's similar to what I've seen on other brands, it may be wired direct to the chassis (engine) battery. But the light should come on if the panel is ever in full sun, directly overhead. Anything less than that probably produces no output.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom