2004 Roadtrek Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Catwintersteen

Hi, I'm Cathy. My husband, Eric and I just bought our first RV! We got a 2004 Roadtrek 210 Popular. We have not even taken our first trip. I am trying to learn all about the vehicle. I'm having a problem with water flow - I got none! We have drained the fresh water tanks and filled and drained again, also used hose in toilet and sink to fill and drain. I have read and followed all instructions on how to use winter and summer mode, etc. All my valves are in the I correct opened or closed position. I am getting no water flow. The pump doesn't seem to turn off at all. When I open the sink faucet there is some water that seems to be draining because it trickles down to no flow and is not strong to begin with. The water was running fine when we purchased the RT - seems I am doing something wrong. Any suggestion?

You almost certainly have a valve in the wrong position somewhere!! The pump does not turn off because it is unable to pressurize the water system correctly.

How did you fill the fresh water tank?? Was it through a gravity feed inlet outside OR was it though the city water feed inlet?? If it was the latter, after the tank was filled, did you place the valve BACK into the correct position (as if you were going to be using water from the city water connection) ??

Alfa - I used gravity fill, and have made sure the city water fill valve is closed. My husband put in a new water pump. That didn't change this situation. The pump runs and won't shut off automatically- it runs continuously until I shut it off. I open the faucet and for just few seconds (10-15) water comes out and trickles to a stop. It's like it is trying to pump water but somehow it's just pumping a very little at a time. Is there a filter that is clogged? I am at a loss! Got any other ideas?

Thanks - Cathy

.....and have made sure the city water fill valve is closed

I think we may be talking terminology here but.....

Try reversing this one and leave the tap on for quite a few minutes as there is likely air in the system that will need purging.  Have you tried using water though the city water hook-up??? This will fill most of the piping and eliminate a lot of air in the process. You may have to figure out a way to 'prime' that pump.

It is unlikely a filter is used in this area but... there is sometimes a filter in the water feed to a kitchen sink where there is a special spigot for drinking water but otherwise, no! Many of us use an external 'whole house filter' on the incoming city water connection though.

Back
Top Bottom