2006 Southwind

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

julieM

I am trying to evaluate an offer from a dealer on a 2006 workhorse engine, 32 foot Southwind at $100,000.

Am I making a mistake offering to pay a 100 grand for a gas engine?
Should I work harder to find a used diesel pusher and spend the same money but get a better engine?

I do not want to be suckered into great floor plans, flat screen TV and new "technology"........we are CAMPERS.  We are people who go and camp and fish and pull jet skis and go to the lake for a saturday and such....not people who need alot of comfort. We need dependable, semi comfortable, and able to tow and launch jet skis.

Ideas?

Am I making a mistake offering to pay a 100 grand for a gas engine?
Should I work harder to find a used diesel pusher and spend the same money but get a better engine?

No, you aren't "making a mistake".  You can expect to get at least 100,000 miles out of a 2006 Workhorse gas chassis and with a relatively small 32 foot coach body the performance should be excellent.  Which chassis is it -  the P32 or the W20/W22 model?

Whether the extra cost of a new diesel rig is worth the money is a mostly a personal choice.    But getting a used one is also a realistic option and you should be able to find good ones for $100,000 if you are willing to go with no slides or just one slide.  There aren't a lot of used 32 foot diesels around (most or larger), but if you can find one you can probably get a 1-2 slide model for $100-110K.  Winnebago makes their Journey model in a 32 footer and it is a well equipped motorhome.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom