2007 Voyage 35A - Any concerns ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay - I have avoided contributing to the off-topic adventure, but I can't hold back any longer  :D

We have the Doran TPMS system and once early in our coach ownership I managed to run the right-hand side tires of the coach and Jeep onto the non-paved shoulder on a narrow two lane road with quite a drop-off from the pavement to the shoulder.  The metal valve stem of the Jeep hit something on the shoulder and broke off the valve stem and then we had a flat tire happening.  The good news (I suppose) in all of this was the Doran said we had a problem in the Jeep's tire; of course the problem wouldn't have occurred without the sensor screwed on since the end of the valve stem is normally behind the plane of the tire sidewall.

Be that as it may, I still use the Doran even though it has its inherent issues (like leaking gaskets and I think I now have a bad sensor), but I don't rely on it exclusively.  When we stop for lunch, I use my non-contact thermometer to check the temperature of each tire - if they are all within about 10-15 degrees of each other, we are in good shape.

Edit - if we want to keep going on the tire pressure monitoring tangent, that's perfectly okay but I'll need to split this off from the thread.

Yes they were John, and I too was confused for some time. But Bernie straightened me out  ;D

John Canfield said:
Tom - I was always mystified by the relationship of Doran to Pressure Pro and for a while the two brand names were synonymous.

John

When Advantage Pressure Pro started, Doran was probably it's biggest distributor and was able to get PressurePro to put the Doran name on the monitor of the systems it (Doran) sold. Otherwise, the Doran and PressurePro systems were identical. A couple of years ago, Doran decided to produce it's own model of TPMS and current Doran products are completely unrelated to and very different from PressurePro's.

Hello,
We  purchased our 2007 Voyage 35L (W24 Chassis) new in Jan of 2009. The price was 35% below MSRP, the dealer was very anxious to sell the rig since it had been sitting on the lot for well over a year. This is our third class A motorhome, the previous being a 1998 Southwind Storm that we also purchased new. The difference between the two is night and day, the quality of the Winnebago is far superior.

I replaced the two stock 12 volt deep cycle coach batteries with two Trojan T105 6 volt batteries connected in series. I did this only because it provides more capacity than the stock set up, not because the original batteries were bad.
The only issue so far has been with the Kwikee leveling jacks, both of the rears were leaking slightly . The service center replaced both under warranty.
We received a one year warranty on the coach from Winnebago and a 3 year 36k warranty on the chassis from Workhorse. It turns out that many of the other manufacturers, Kwikee for example provide a two year warranty.

We live in California and purchased the coach here with 2200 miles on the odometer, which I assume is the distance from Forest City IA.

Time will tell how this coach holds up, so far so good.

Happy Camping  ;D

Sounds like we have the same MH.except this one is the Ford Chassis with 6.8 V10 Titon engine ....
Am getting this one figured out - now have 4500 miles on it.... Never had one or ever camped before...Also like it but the water pump placement has got to be the worst engineering and design in the universe......
Had it winterized (northern WI) and it will remain as such until Feb for trip to FL....When we get somewhere safely south will flush and load the water system. Then I'll have to winterize it in route back somewhere 1/2 way......
I had it winterized at dealers in Oct... can see the pink antifreeze in all lines and sinks and bowls - except the screen cartridge next to waterpump which appears completely clear..... hoping they blew that out or it's empty.... almost impossible to even see it the way it's tucked back behind the water service front wall....
Will have to get some advice on winterizing the ice maker unit on way back...
The ice maker has never been used yet but dealer winterized it and there's antifreeze on it and in refrigerator....
Would you know .. If I don't use the icemaker at all in Feb, is it possible that i'll not have to worry about re-winterizing it when we come back ?? OR... is there a way to isolate it / disconnect it for the winter so the rest of the system can be safely used and the icemaker stays winterized ??

Back
Top Bottom