2008 DESTINATION 37g gas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ltfromsask

Hi everyone, my wife and I are currently without a mh. We are looking at  a 2008 destination gas pusher. Has low miles around 26k. We love the retro look and layout. Just looking for some feedback on this unit it will be a huge upgrade from our 30' Itasca that we also  loved. So thanks in advance for all advise.  ;D

The gas version Destination used the Workhorse UFO (Universal Fuel Option) chassis, which is a rear engine platform that can use either gas or diesel power. It never caught on very well with customers, and most who were willing to pay extra for this chassis & model selected diesel power anyway. None of the RV manufacturers found much market interest in the UFO chassis and it quickly withered away. Forest River and Gulfstream also built coaches on the UFO chassis but soon dropped them due to lack of buyer interest.

I don't know of any problems with it, but as John says, there are few of them around and we haven't seen any feedback on the gas version here. Nor have I seen any elsewhere. There was an early ( 2006?) problem with the engine fan clutch that was fixed via recall, but I've not heard anything else since.

Note that while this is a rear engine platform, it is not the equivalent of a diesel pusher. It does not have air suspension or air brakes, for example, and GVWR is 26,000 lbs, if I remember correctly. Basically just moves the engine noise to the rear and eliminates a "doghouse" up front to cover a front engine.

I have the 2009 Destination with a diesel. Bought it new in 2010 and have about the same mileage. Biggest problem I have had is a recurring dash A/C problem. Have to get it fixed every year. Thank goodness for the extended maintenance agreement and the one year warranty on the parts.

We have a 2008 39W Diesel Pusher that we bought used in 2013 with 20k miles. We have been very happy with the coach. We refer to it as a European look inside, sleek. We had the salon and bath updated with tile flooring, the dinette replaced with a credenza desk unit, table  and chairs, 40" smart tv and the 32 moved into the bedroom. We replaced the Euro recliner with a Flexsteel recliner in matching ultra leather and had the MCD power day/night shades installed in the cockpit. I love the stove, the half time oven is great, I just wish it were a little larger. We bought a really good extended warranty and have had a couple of repairs. Overall, I  really love the coach, but I'm so sorry I can't give you info on the gas pusher. Winnebago told us it just didn't receive well in the market, but that doesn't mean it's not a good coach. Good luck, I  hope you get to hear from an owner.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxL
Back
Top Bottom