2008 Tiffin Allegro FRED 32LA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BNTorsney said:
It's my favorite time of the year - RV season. We just departed, the soon to be rainy season in Florida, for the open road; RV2008 is underway - first stop, as it has been for ten seasons, is Ho Hum RV park in Carrabelle, Florida...

That place has a very good rate for a park on the beach.  The reviews are pretty good, too.  If we ever save enough for gas to get that far, we'll have to check it out!   ;D

Thanks for sharing and have a great trip!

KodiakRV said:
That place has a very good rate for a park on the beach.  The reviews are pretty good, too.  If we ever save enough for gas to get that far, we'll have to check it out!   ;D

Thanks for sharing and have a great trip!
We would not have been coming here for ten years, if everything you said wasn't the truth. I know what your talking about with the price of fuel, if it goes much higher, we may be forced to sit a spell. During RV Season, sitting here would not present a problem; the only reason we limit it to two weeks, is weather related.
Author's NOTE: The attached photos are "file footage," compliments of RV 2001.

Attachments

• MVC-015S.JPG
    MVC-015S.JPG
    163.5 KB · Views: 41
  • MVC-010S.JPG
    MVC-010S.JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 39
  • MVC-016S.JPG
    MVC-016S.JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 32
  • MVC-017S.JPG
    MVC-017S.JPG
    120.7 KB · Views: 32
  • MVC-019S.JPG
    MVC-019S.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 33
RV 2008 Continues!

We had a little more than two weeks of glorious weather. This morning we are departing in the direction of Tiffin's Service Facility in Red Bay, Alabama. In our time here, I was able to put a real good coat of Maguire's "Gold" paste wax on the motorhome. Paste wax is a little more work, but definitely worth the effort. The key for me was to take my time, it took me six mornings to get "er" done. The last two, I moved to another spot on the water. Instead of pulling straight in, as most motorhomes do, to get the view of the Gulf of Mexico, I backed in. This put the drivers side in the morning shade, allowing me to wax it over the last two days.

BNTorsney said:
RV 2008 Continues!

.....................Tiffin's Service Facility in Red Bay, Alabama.
I drove straight through and arrived at Tiffin's Allegro Campground at 6:30 PM; I averaged 9.42 MPG. As I continue to learn the way the transmission shifts and I experiment with my driving speeds, the milage is going is the right direction - UP!

TIFFIN MOTORHOMES IS THE BEST!

The more I deal with Tiffin Motorhomes, the more I am impressed. When we came in for repairs, this place was packed with VERY high priced motorhomes. A lot of cash customers, us being under warranty, I figured all cash customers would come first. We were both put on the same list and I was very surprised to get into the shop the second day. There were technicians flying all over the place. When I asked the carpenter to center the dinette table, he replied " what ever you don't like about this coach I will change for you." He had to completely disassembly the unit to move it two inches left. He did a fabulous job, at it's completion, both Sigrid and I could comfortably sit at the table. Two inches in a small area like that made all the difference.
Day two was the glass shop, to have the front windshield replace. Again, three professional techs had that tremendous windshield replaced in no time; we had to wait two hours for the glue to dry. I didn't think a company that treats customers this way could prosper today, but this one does very well - thank you!

Attachments

• RV2008 Tiffin - Red Bay, AL 017 (Small).jpg
    RV2008 Tiffin - Red Bay, AL 017 (Small).jpg
    43 KB · Views: 59
  • RV2008 Tiffin - Red Bay, AL 015 (Small).jpg
    RV2008 Tiffin - Red Bay, AL 015 (Small).jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 61
  • RV2008 Tiffin - Red Bay, AL 016 (Small).jpg
    RV2008 Tiffin - Red Bay, AL 016 (Small).jpg
    54 KB · Views: 58
  • RV2008 Tiffin - Red Bay, AL 030 (Small).jpg
    RV2008 Tiffin - Red Bay, AL 030 (Small).jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 61
  • RV2008 Tiffin - Red Bay, AL 029 (Small).jpg
    RV2008 Tiffin - Red Bay, AL 029 (Small).jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 52
  • RV2008 Tiffin - Red Bay, AL 028 (Small).jpg
    RV2008 Tiffin - Red Bay, AL 028 (Small).jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 56
  • RV2008 Tiffin - Red Bay, AL 010 (Small).jpg
    RV2008 Tiffin - Red Bay, AL 010 (Small).jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 57
  • RV2008 Tiffin - Red Bay, AL 009 (Small).jpg
    RV2008 Tiffin - Red Bay, AL 009 (Small).jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 49
  • RV2008 Tiffin - Red Bay, AL 011 (Small).jpg
    RV2008 Tiffin - Red Bay, AL 011 (Small).jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 56
  • RV2008 Tiffin - Red Bay, AL 004 (Small).jpg
    RV2008 Tiffin - Red Bay, AL 004 (Small).jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 58
Bruce,

You're getting an understanding of why we rave about factory delivery and factory service centers around here.

Yep Bruce like Tom said you are learning why so many of us prefer and rave over factory service.  We get the same treatment at American Coach.  Bet you will go back next time if something needs done.

Ron said:
Yep Bruce like Tom said you are learning why so many of us prefer and rave over factory service.  We get the same treatment at American Coach.  Bet you will go back next time if something needs done.
Absolutely! I picked Tiffin for value and reported outstanding customer service. When I discovered they were so close to our home in Florida, it made the purchase even nicer. There is a RV dealer right across the street from the factory service center, www.mckinneyrv.com. If a second new diesel motorhome is in our future, I bet I could do a lot better on the price at this dealer right across the street.
We are extremely pleased with the way everything went on this first warranty visit. We are awaiting one small part for the Dometic main awning, it is being shipped from Dometic; it should be here today or tomorrow. The fact the Allegro Campground fee is covered by warranty, made this wait a little easier. At home, our dog Mandy and I always go for LONG morning walks. The big difference for Mandy here, is the smells in the air, in Red Bay, are much more interesting than any at home on the golf course. ;)

Attachments

• RV2008 Tiffin - Red Bay, AL 038 (Small).jpg
    RV2008 Tiffin - Red Bay, AL 038 (Small).jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 44
  • RV2008 Tiffin - Red Bay, AL 039 (Small).jpg
    RV2008 Tiffin - Red Bay, AL 039 (Small).jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 40
BNTorsney said:
Absolutely! I picked Tiffin for value and reported outstanding customer service. ....................we are awaiting one small part for the Dometic main awning, it is being shipped from Dometic; it should be here today or tomorrow.

DOMETIC 8500 AWNING w/ 8485000 WATER-DUMP PISTON
This is the awning that I was waiting for the two "stop-clips" for, Dometic part number is 3310798.008. I have seen five coaches so far that were missing these two clips. Anyone having one of these awnings, if the left side is lower than the right, when stored, this is probably your problem. I have attached one photo of the two clips, installed on the left main awning support.

Attachments

• Dometic 8500 Awning (Small).jpg
    Dometic 8500 Awning (Small).jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 62
BNTorsney,

Just so you know what's going on... ;D  I've moved your message about the unique campground to the "Destination, RV Parks" section of the Forum.

Thanks for posting the information.  Lots of us are always looking for great camp sites.

Marsha~ 

Bruce,

I must say I didn't think of splitting off your great camp ground information as "The End".  Being married to a retired railroad man, I thought more of it as creating "a spur line".    ;)

Anyway when you have an RV, it's never the end.  There are always endless things to be doing.

Marsha~

Marsha/CA said:
Bruce,

I must say I didn't think of splitting off your great camp ground information as "The End".  Being married to a retired railroad man, I thought more of it as creating "a spur line".    ;)

Anyway when you have an RV, it's never the end.  There are always endless things to be doing.

Marsha~

"Idle hands are the devil's workshop"  ::)

McKinney RV is not a Tiffin dealer.  You have to go to Sherman RV in Sherman Miss for the nearest dealer to the plant.

Tom said:
According to Allison, the 'Economy mode' changes the shift point by 200 RPM. The Allison guy who works with many of the coach manufacturers told us it really doesn't make much difference in the overall fuel consumption. The main difference a driver will see is in accelerating from stop or very slow speed; He said that he gets lots of calls from Marathon Prevost owners because Marathon is his only customer that specifies Economy as the default mode. He ends up reprogramming the default mode for Marathon owners so the transmission doesn't change up so soon.

Tom,

I've tried the economy mode on two coaches. It doesn't seem to make any difference in fuel mileage in my case so I leave it in normal mode.

While there may be a small improvement in fuel economy in economy mode, it will only be apparent in rolling terrain.  The biggest advantage to economy mode is it keeps the transmission from hunting in rolling terrain.  The tradeoff is you may go slower up the hills than if it downshifted.

We have traveled in normal mode and in economy mode over the same routes a few times and we do find the economy mode does yeld a small improvement in fuel mileage.  Like Ned indicated you go a little slower up some grades but who is in a hurry anyway.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fth
Back
Top Bottom