2013 Forest River Rockwood Reviews?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

307 Tailgater

Wife and I sold the sleds and will be in the market for a camper. This will be our first camper together.

I'm a big fan of Uncle DAVE RAMSEY, so we do have a budget. CASH IS KING!

She has come across a 2013 Forest River Rockwood. I'm unable to find much for reviews on this camper online, other than its on the higher quality side for the cheaper manufactures.

Anyone have experience with the Forest River Rockwood?

If the Forest River Rockwood is going to nickel and dime me, I'm open to suggestions for other bumper tow trailers.

They all nickel and dime ya. I'm pleased with my camper made by Forest River. The most important thing is how well it was maintained, and water is the enemy. Carefully (or hire professionally) to inspect the roof and seams for signs of water leaks. Other than that, they all mostly use the same appliances, a 2013 is not that old (my 2012 still looks amazing inside and out, and everything works as it should). We looked at rockwoods, I think 23', they seemed to be a bit high in the air, an additional step, and if I recall the ceiling height was shorter maybe 78" and mine is 81", one thinks that is not a big deal until they are on the taller side.

My son has one and it has served them well. Just realize that it is made of particle board and vinyl and you should be fine. Be sure to have a professional inspect it for you before you buy and realize that sales people make their living by being talented at distorting the truth. You should be able to find a mobile RV tech or an inspection service who will make sure that you don't buy attractive junk.

Rockwood line is a run of the mill model in the FR lineup. Depending on which plant it was built in they seem to generally be decent for the price point. Just don't expect much in the luxury department.

when bought my trailer I tried to get a NRVIA inspector but none were available way up north in NY by the St Laurence River.
”The Lemon Squad” sent one ($200 travel charge) and I was happy with the inspection.

And the weight police strikes again. Giving an answer that has nothing to do with the question asked.
The OP doesnt state what model Rockwood and his previous post was about a Jayco 5th wheel. The majority of people unlike some people posting are concerned about weights and dont overload the tow vehicle like some posters who just dont give a damn about theirs or other peoples safety and dont want to be that hazzard on the road that gives everyone a bad reputation as a careless rv'er. Even going so far as to go and buy a new vehicle that grossly overweighted by the rv they they are towing. At least this poster asks a question and takes the advise given - good on him, unlike some others that think they are above reproach.

Where to start. We'll start with the vehicle I bought. It is within tow limits of the 5th wheel I have. That is why I bought it. If you were as smart as you think you are you could figure that out. The trailer I have does not even fully contact the secondary spring set.. Secondly, you never answer a question that is asked. You just go to your diatribe about weight. Some people are just looking for the answer to a simple question, not a lecture. If I'm not mistaken, you've previously given your speech about his truck limits yet here you are again telling him how to tow instead of answering about the quality of the trailer. It must be exhausting to be so obsessed.

Where to start. We'll start with the vehicle I bought. It is within tow limits of the 5th wheel I have. That is why I bought it. If you were as smart as you think you are you could figure that out. The trailer I have does not even fully contact the secondary spring set.. Secondly, you never answer a question that is asked. You just go to your diatribe about weight. Some people are just looking for the answer to a simple question, not a lecture. If I'm not mistaken, you've previously given your speech about his truck limits yet here you are again telling him how to tow instead of answering about the quality of the trailer. It must be exhausting to be so obsessed.
Considering you never posted your weights and you were bouncing on the bump stops before you started, and considering you seem to think my reply is all about you ( just how narcissistic can you be) and we all know how heavy that toy hauler really is and that its clearly in territory over your truck capabilities-post your actual weights. It im wrong i will admit it. Show your weights your cargo capacity decal and your trailer weights - ive posted mine several times with nothing to hide.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220108-121021_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220108-121021_Chrome.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 2
I don't think your replies are all about me. I think your replies are all about how great you are and how dim-witted everyone is that doesn't agree with you. I never said I was bouncing on the bump stops, that was a poster after me. The trailer I have grosses at 16,500 and I don't have it loaded that heavy. Door sticker is right at 4,000. 3,927 to be exact. At 3200 pin weight I am good to go, but with the Rzr loaded the weight is shifted off the pin. Wasn't it you that said pin weight was less on horse trailers because the weight was in the back. Guess that don't apply to 5th wheels.

Last edited:
Wife and I sold the sleds and will be in the market for a camper. This will be our first camper together.

I'm a big fan of Uncle DAVE RAMSEY, so we do have a budget. CASH IS KING!

She has come across a 2013 Forest River Rockwood. I'm unable to find much for reviews on this camper online, other than its on the higher quality side for the cheaper manufactures.

If the Forest River Rockwood is going to nickel and dime me, I'm open to suggestions for other bumper tow trailers.
We have a 2017 Forest River/Rockwood Ultra Lite 8299BS 5th wheel. We had the initial problems and took back for warranty repair. One year after our warranty expired, we developed a growing crack in the exterior wall just below the front part of the bedroom slide. I took a picture of it and sent it to Forest River. They told me they would come pick up my RV and take it to Indiana for repair and return it at no charge. Not only did they replace the entire exterior wall, they also brought the entire RV up to new standards. We are very happy to see a company stand behind their products :)

We just bought a new Rockwood. It's funny as we were driving out, after looking at the one we purchased, a couple stopped us and proclaimed their loyalty to these rigs. I have been around RV's for a few years and was taken with some of the features in our Rockwood. We are downsizing and my research found the Rockwood to be at the high end of the middle of the pack. We did not pay Airstream prices but feel we got a quality rig. Time will tell. Josh the RV Nerd on Youtube did a tour of the Rockwood Factory and it was very favorable. He also did one of our rig. We picked it out about October 1st and was set to close on the 15th. I got a stressed call from the RV dealer advising the axles were toast. Seems Dexter did not assemble them correctly and on its maiden journey from Indiana the wheels almost fell off. New axles and several months later the rig was purchased with the dealer having refused to sell it to us until it was repaired. The dealer spent an entire day on the pre-purchase inspection with us. Arctic Fox was my first choice followed by Airstream. The Fox was hard to get and my favorite dealer was 60 miles away and the Airstreams were above my pay grade. Would I buy another Rockwood? At this point yes. Check out the Forest River Forum and look at the Rockwood thread. I did and it seemed like a reasonably happy place. Good luck with your search!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom