2013 Itasca Sonova 30A

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kevin1959

Anyone out there have a 2013 Itasca Sunova 30A ? Seriously looking at one. Need your input, good or bad. Thanks

I have the same but a 33C I bought last November. I've been very pleased. Little things I had to take it in for that was covered but mostly things having to do with understanding it. Just make sure it's bought from a dealership you feel comfortable with their follow up.

Last year we bought our Sightseer 2013 30A,no regrets at all, very comfortable. Usual rattles when driving, most are now fixed. Ilikes to turn driver's seat and slide open, a little, the dining bench to put my feet up to relax and watch tv. My wife likes passenger seat with foot rest.  Kitchen counter space is adequate, dining seating comfortable, can even sit in corner, put feet up, and watch tv.  Small wheel base is easy to turn and drive, although we have yet to add hardware on chassis, might add steering stabilzer.  Overall very happy with floorplan.  If you want more info send me a private message. 

You will want to research and understand the type of electric slide mechanism used on the Sunova. Winnie/Itasca has used Power Gear slide mechanisms up through some 2012 models. Then, it appears they started transiting to a Schwintec slide mechanism.

The Schwintec slide system has drawn many failure complaints on this and other RV forums and it is generally not known if a "fix" has been found. A forum member recently reported that at least a dozen MH's were at the factory in Forest City with failed Schwintec slide systems.

YouTube has about five videos produced by Schwintec to explain it's slide system. Also, you can search this forum for Schwintec slide mechanisms to gain some knowledge of the problems forum members are having.

Schwintec slide systems can be identified by the two aluminum rails on the outside of each side of each slide. These rails are visible when the slide is extended. Power Gear can be identified by a "slide lock switch" mounted adjacent to the electric slide operating panel(s).

Kevin,

We have a 2012 Itasca Sunova 30A and we love it. We had a 2008 Itasca Cambria 26A and it was nice but we needed just a bit more room in the kitchen, bathroom and bedroom. I like the way it handles on the road. We don't get blown around like we did in the Cambria. We have a sleep number queen bed in the stick home so we got one for the motorhome. There are a lot of new options that are great. The new Jack TV antenna; the hot water heater while driving and the heat duct heater while driving makes the motorhome comfortable in the winter. The new solar shade on the front helps when driving toward the sun. My brother-in-law was surprised how big our TV was by the dinette. It is still new to us but what a pleasure to drive. We got all the options but three (outside TV, sat. dish, oven). Hope you will enjoy yours as much as we do.

Happy driving, Ron

Holiday greetings, the Mrs and I have a deposit on a 2013 Itasca Sunova 30a, a compact Class A Motorhome with 15k on the odometer. The floor plan of this model suits our lifestyle well. We are moving up from from a small tt to the class a for room, comfort and convenience.

Would appreciate any feedback, comments, suggestions and things to look for in the purchase of this coach.

Thank you in advance,
Mark

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anewvisionllc
Back
Top Bottom