2014 Fleetwood Bounder Electrical Issue, wipers, cameras, slide outs - dont work

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gene777

Hello, Im new to this forum. Our family recently bought the RV. It is 2014 fleetwood bounder. Weird issue just happened, my RV starts, no problem, all batteries are charged. However, no power to wiper, cameras, slide outs dont work, no power from the battery.
everything is working.
what I found, is when I press AUX switch, I have power to wipers, cameras and slide outs for about 10-15 seconds, after this power goes out.
also, when I have generator running- everything works.
it looks to me that power from 12v main battery is cut off somewhere, between the battery and these items.
anybody have any advice? Maybe some solenoid, or fuse or something went bad? RV starts no problems, but systems that supposed to me supplied with main battery are not working.
thank you for your help!!!

Welcome to the forum.
I’m not a electrical type person but someone should chime in soon and may have an answer for you.

The 10-15 seconds of operation via the Aux switch & house batteries makes that a real puzzle. 99% of the electrical path will be the same as the chassis battery & alternator, and why only 15 seconds?

I'd trace the positive battery cable to see what's in the path, e.g. a fusible link or relay of some sort. Measure voltage along the way until you find where it disappears.

The items that are not working are powered from the chassis battery. Look at the chassis 12 volt distribution box. There is probably a main fuse that protects the feed wire for all of those items either mounted in the same box or close by. There maybe more items not working that you have not noticed.

In general, there should be a common wire that is responsible for powering the items not working and fused in the 50-100 amp range and there is probably more than one as other circuits are probably using the same.

There could also be a bad connection to that circuit feed including a intermittent feed breaker for those items.

Find the chassis fuse block that has the individual fuses for those items. From that fuse block, look for a bigger main fuse that protects all of the items not working.

I cannot explain the axillary switch results you are experiencing but I believe those switches are a momentary switch which may have something to do with the limited power to that chassis circuit.

Hello, and Thank you for your help. I found a bad 200amp fuse right next to 12v main battery. Replaced it, now everything works again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom