2014 Forest River Georgetown 329DS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Campfire RV

While waiting for our MH to be serviced Saturday we spent some time checking out new class "A" MH's for a future upgrade. I have been looking at the Forest River Georgetown's online lately and had a couple I really wanted to take a close look at:
Georgetown 351DS
Georgetown 335DS
Georgetown 329DS

I thought I wanted the 351DS from looking online but after walking through at the dealership decided I really don't need that much bedroom space just to take away from the living space.

We liked the 335DS model with the fireplace and sofa that can extend into an L-shape. The only thing we noticed on this one we didn't like was the bathroom door has a large gap from the floor to the bottom of the door. The door wouldn't bother me much if it were only my immediate family but we at times take friends camping with us and my sister-in-law so that just felt like a possible awkward moment in the future.

The 329DS turned out to be our favorite floorplan out of the three. It was quite spacious in the living space and my wife really loved the large countertop.

I'm honestly thinking about selling my class "C" MH after we return from our cross country trip in July so funds will be available for the upgrade. I also contacted RVDirect.com this morning and received a quote with the same options as the dealership and received a quote much less than the dealership so when I do purchase I may take the quote with me to the dealership and see if they can compare.

We are scheduled to pick up our 2014 335 ds on Monday, and will be leaving for a three week trip from the dealer.  I hope to post our impressions as we go along.  We went through RV direct because we found no local dealer would match the price - The closest price was $4,400 more. We are relatively close to the Georgetown factory, so if needed, we would choose to use factory service should warranty issues arise.

Wasoki said:
We are scheduled to pick up our 2014 335 ds on Monday, and will be leaving for a three week trip from the dealer.  I hope to post our impressions as we go along.  We went through RV direct because we found no local dealer would match the price - The closest price was $4,400 more. We are relatively close to the Georgetown factory, so if needed, we would choose to use factory service should warranty issues arise.

You are a brave soul.... I don't think most would attempt that with the reputation most manufacturers have for quality control!!

Wasoki said:

I live in California so I figure if the dealer is willing to come down on the price to match or at least within about $4000 of RVDirect's price then I would purchase from the dealer. I say this because it will cost me about a $1000 or more for gas, another $1000 or more to fly my family and the time I will have to take off from work so I figure I would still make out if the dealer will price match with me within the $4000 range.

Doesn't RV Direct ship to a dealer near you or not too far away?? (Of course, that cost is figured into the price asked!!!)

Alfa38User said:
Doesn't RV Direct ship to a dealer near you or not too far away?? (Of course, that cost is figured into the price asked!!!)

They do ship but I'm not sure if it is to a local dealer or to the owner's home. I do know they provide an additional cost for shipping it based on your zip code.

I am sure it is NOT to your front door because I did read of people who travelled to a pick-up point. But if that point is not too far away, there is a good chance there will be no airfare required. Worth checking out first, I guess.

But then, a dealer also charges shipping in one way or another, although it may not be evident.

Good luck in your quest

Wasoki said:

How was your experience. I have sent emails with no response, called with no answer and I have tried to live chat which is never available.  Any news on their future?  Thanks

We left the dealership and put about 2000 miles on it right away.  When we returned we had a short list of items for warranty that were taken care of promptly.  The biggest issue was the front end alignment done at a truck service shop, and that was covered without question.  We recently took our latest trip and had a small problem with the leveling jacks.  Once I had a chance to look at the manual, it was fixed by pushing the right buttons.  We are getting ready for a few shorter trips before we spend 7 -8 weeks in Florida in January into March.

In short, we are very pleased with the 335 and feel that we made the right choice for us.  If you have specific questions, contact me at
[email protected]

Josh,
Let me get this straight; You are retired Navy and you are concerned about a bit too much gap at the bottom of the bathroom door? I'm new to RVing but have done a bit of sailing. Before taking guests on a weeks trip or more, we would have them down for a weekend. Friday night would be wine and good cheer. Sat. morning I like to get up and fix coffee in my boxers with no shirt, no shoes and hair uncombed. If this got the least bit of shock from our guests, I knew we'd never make a week. Try this with your sister-in-law and possibly save yourself a week or more in hell. It's your life and your RV; You deserve to enjoy it!
Niels 

Back
Top Bottom