2015 F53 sway bar issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
phil-t said:
Probably, Ford, would not be appreciative any chassis add-ons - e.g. Blue Ox or Roadmaster Sway Bars/Track Bars, Safety Steer, Air Springs, After Market Shocks, etc. etc., etc.  Hmmmm.
I like my ride and handling with the CHF, Rear TrackBar and air springs.

Good modifications, but the " cheap handling fix" I referred to was putting the sway bar links in the incorrect hole, which made the ride very rough. This was proclaimed a good idea in several forums. Ford and I both thought it a bad idea, I note you did not mention it.  Of course all the chassis mods and fixes, which should not be necessary in the first place, properly applied, will help. You certainly did not do a "cheap handling fix"!

As far as I know, the sway bar position was not moved.  Dealer over two hours from me, and noticed that it seemed to be swaying or rolling on the way down, but had not driven the rig for a few months, thought I was just comparing it to one of my cars.  On the way home, it did not sway or roll like the trip down.  Cheap fixes aren't in my vocabulary.  Really like driving this coach (more than my cars), and want to enjoy it for many more years!

This is a known problem on this chassis, we have 2015 ACE on an 18000# F-53.  When I first crawled under to look at doing the CHF I saw the driver side rear clamp broken.  My Ford dealer had to order the part and took about a week.  Asked if they would warranty the other side also in case it had been stressed but no go.  They installed the new clamp and when asked said the other side was fine.  When I got the coach home I checked and the other side was finger tight.  So much for Ford knowing what they are doing.
  Did the CHF and love it and have had no problems so doubt if that was the cause of the OP'ers problem.  Another forum with some pretty informed people have figured out how to fix the problem of broken bolts on the clamps.  Remove the bolts one at a time, put "blue Locktite" on the threads and torque to 66 foot pounds.  Jim.

DW and I just returned from a 3000 mile trip to Southwest Colorado,  (26 Vista  F53 chassis)  towing 3 motorcycles.. everything worked very well but the condition of the roads and interstates jarred the microwave loose ..I checked the undercarriage..sway bars  and U bolts and all was good..now I am thinking...would Air Springs help not only my condition, but the OPs U bolts breaking...When the road gets rough,I feel the initial shock may be absorbed by the air spring softening the blow...Has anyone any  thoughts or experience with this set up?...I am ready to order the parts for mine if it helps the ride.....

Back
Top Bottom