2016 Keystone Bullet 212RB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Newmie

Hi All
My husband and I are complete newbies to the RV world and are in the process of looking for a smaller travel trailer. We have found a used Keystone Bullet 212RB and I was wondering if anyone who owns one or knows of them could share their knowledge (pros/cons). We are open to any suggestions.
Many Thanks

Welcome!!!

Although this unit is advertised as an "UltraLight" model, you would be wise to do the math and check if you are able to tow it safely. What are you going to tow with?? Need help?? Just ask here giving us the Vehicle make and data and the trailer's GVWR .

Advertising is often mistaken and salespeople will tell you anything you want to hear to make the sale.

Our thoughts were to find a trailer then buy the truck but we?re thinking of a Ford F-150. We are open to any suggestions. We would like a queen walk around bed for sure. I would love a large back window but not even sure if that is available.
Thanks for your reply. It is appreciated.

For any truck you might like, the specs have two components, the load carrying weight and the trailer-truck combination limit. The CCC or cargo carrying capacity of that particular truck is the weight carrying component and the CGWR is the combined weight limit for the truck and the trailer. The CCC  is usually shown on a sticker on the drivers door post and is particular to that specific truck. The trim, options etc. will cause that number to vary considerably when compared to the base model vehicle whose figures are used in most advertising material.

The GVWR of any trailer is the maximum weight that trailer can handle according to the manufacturer. We use this number in calculations to provide a margin of safety as the actual loading is largely unknown without weighing the trailer.

I did see a number of 4800 lbs. gross weight or so for that trailer but the real figure should be shown on a sticker on the drivers side sidewall  of a trailer (which may or may not be readable on a used unit as the sun does a real number on them).

That said, the hitch weight for that trailer would be in the range of 480-570 lbs (10-12%) plus any other cargo to be carried in the truck such as people, dogs, kids, camping gear, weight distribution hitch, etc etc. which is then compared to the CCC of the truck. The total weight to be towed is then compared to the CGWR (combined rating of the truck and trailer combination) as shown on the truck information.

An F150 should be able to handle that just fine but check before signing on the dotted line.... Especially if your trailer choice is apt to change.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom