2022 Jayco Eagle 332CBOK and 2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

l&mtripp

Hi, we are new to the forum but have been tent camping, TT pulling, 5th wheel partial living and Class C weekenders for our entire married life. I am now close to retiring and we are selling our Tiffin Wayfarer to get something a little more suitable for month(s) long trips. The subject travel trailer brands are new to us and we would love any info (good, bad or indifferent) about their performance and reliability. Thanks for the help!

Sorry - I have no personal experience with either brand. We see numerous reports here and I don't recall that either of these is any more (or less) likely to have flaws than others. Sadly, that means that it is quite likely that a new one will have flaws, possibly even some major ones. Quality in RVs varies widely, even among those rolling down the same assembly line. The Grand Design models are currently very popular, so you should get some feedback on them soon.

Both of those trailers will require a substantial tow vehicle, at least a 3/4 ton pickup truck and properly equipped for major towing. If you don't already have that aspect covered, you might want to start another thread just on that topic.

While I have never owned either of those trailers, both manufacturers have pretty good reputations. Looking at the specs and floorplans, like Gary I am wondering what you plan to tow with? Unless the flat floor without insides steps is important I would suggest that you consider a fifth wheel for a trailer of that length & weight. That would have better handling characteristics and manuverability.

While I have never owned either of those trailers, both manufacturers have pretty good reputations. Looking at the specs and floorplans, like Gary I am wondering what you plan to tow with? Unless the flat floor without insides steps is important I would suggest that you consider a fifth wheel for a trailer of that length & weight. That would have better handling characteristics and manuverability.
Thanks all for the comments and just so you know we are now looking harder at 5th wheel floor plans that we think we can stand for extended periods. The more we thought of ~ 40ft dragging behind the truck the more we thought a 5th wheel would be a better choice. Thanks again for our replies.

And storage.

The more we thought of ~ 40ft dragging behind the truck the more we thought a 5th wheel would be a better choice.
You still need to be very well informed on the weight limitations of your present truck and the weights of the selected trailer. You have not shared what your truck is.

You still need to be very well informed on the weight limitations of your present truck and the weights of the selected trailer. You have not shared what your truck is.
we have a 2017 F250 Super Duty, GVWR 10000 and cargo limit of 2144 lbs; so doing some calculations on the two TT's we were looking at I realized we were over weight anyway and that finalized our trepidation with the thought of pulling the previously looked at models.

We bought a 2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS last year, but have no plans to tow it. We're pleased with the floorplan & utility, but the quality is nowhere near that of our 38' Monaco Camelot motorhome. At the risk of offending other Grand Design owners, the way I described it to some neighbors and friends: "the GD is more bling and the Monaco is more quality".

I haven't looked at other GD models, but one near-neighbor has a model he says is "higher grade than the Reflection". I didn't challenge him on what that meant.

The Jayco trailers I've looked at seem better quality.

I had a deposit on a Montana 5th wheel, but the deal fell through due to the dealer not following up. In retrospect, I know I'd have been happier with the Montana.

we have a 2017 F250 Super Duty, GVWR 10000 and cargo limit of 2144 lbs; so doing some calculations on the two TT's we were looking at I realized we were over weight anyway and that finalized our trepidation with the thought of pulling the previously looked at models.
With that low 2144cargo capacity the fifth wheel is going going to have to be quite small even a 36ft Jayco 5er will have a pin weight over 2000lbs pulling it out of range for your F250. Sorry

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjay
Back
Top Bottom