4 season 5th wheels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ronniebellie

Which manufacturers make 4 season 5th wheels? I know that Arctic Fox (Northwood Manufacturing) and Glacier Peak do. Any others? How about Forest River?

Almost every manufacture makes a four season 5th wheel. Everyone calls it something different (ours is called Glacier package) and it is normally an option. It's not really an after market option but they're are some DIY options too.

Personally,  I'd go to the rvtrader website and add the phrase "four season" to your search. It'll give you a list of specific units. Then Google the model number and reviews to see what others suggest.

We have a Jayco and hunted during a blizzard in the Texas panhandle last year. Temps were down to 10 degrees below zero and we lost power for 5 days. We relied on a generator and and were plenty warm.

define Four Season? Canadian 4 Season or Florida 4 season here in Canada i have a Voltage with Dual pane windows heated underbelly blah blah blah but i wouldn't want to winter in it.

Lol, good question.

"There are four important factors to consider when purchasing a four season RV or improving an existing RV to be four season ready.
1. Insulation
2. Wall Structure
3. Window Size
4. Venting and The Heating & Cooling Systems"

Here's a great article I'm getting this info from... http://blog.rvshare.com/want-to-buy-a-four-season-rv/

Just ask the vendor lots of questions when buying. Sometimes the only difference between a normal RV and a ?Four Season RV? is the weight surplus and the high price.  The article gives you a list of questions. Hope this helps!

Most of the better quality brands do NOT have a "4-season" option package because their standard construction already has those features. It's basically just decent insulation in walls, roof and floors, plus dual pane glass in the windows. You want the same benefits whether the weather is hot or cold outside, so the better brands provide them. You generally find an option package only in brands/models that have a low-priced "stripped" model, i.e. one that can be advertised at a low price. Then you have to add on one or more option packages to make it fully usable.

Gary is so right!  It's all a racket and a way to make more money. Surprise,  surprise,  surprise. We paid extra for it on our current Jayco. It's been completely worth it since we hunt or camp in snow and Temps over 100 sometimes.

In addition to what has been said, a true "4-Season" unit will have enclosed tanks with insulation and a method to heat the tanks.  Some units will rely on heat from the interior of the coach to be vented down to the tanks, some will have separate heating pads for each tank or both. 

In todays market there is probably only one brand I would consider 4 season.  Mobile Suites.  Everything else uses 2X2 frame work so insulation is really minimal at best.

Not exactly true, The Forest River River Stone builds with 3.25" walls, which of course DRV does as well.

Any 4 season for me would have to have two furnaces plus all of the other stuff mentioned. Our furnace quit last winter during a cold spell in south Florida, 32F frost on the truck windshield and I froze my butt off in Fort Pierce.

Back
Top Bottom