4th of July camping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here in a Colorado Springs koa but I’ve been here since June 7th waiting for a full timer spot elsewhere. It’s been a zoo so not too many changes but then again I’m at work all day so don’t get to see mos of the bedlam. Lots of extra activity in t evening though. I absolutely can’t wait for a better place.

as a recovering alcoholic and hav severe ADHD and OCD I cannot stress enough that the term “disability“ can be nebulous. Sometimes said “disability“ can be a useful skill depending on circumstance. Much of my family are combat veterans or have other disabilities. Some physical, some mental, some both. Strange topic to split off to though a discussion for another day in another section I suppose.

for now it’s work through the weekend and relaxing with my wonderful woman and pooch in the evenings. business partner and friend is coming by after our days work with family and we’re going to take over the KOA with our cooking!

Last edited:
Bucksport (Maine)/Fort Knox KOA Holiday campground. It has been quiet and peaceful. Nice campground.

We're staying on the farm.
Brats and Dogs ready for the grill, and we can see the town's fireworks from our porch.

And miss the annual Turtle Derby and the parade? No way!
Cool!.

Where is everyone camping this weekend?

I will be home and heading out next week.
At the lake! 20 miles from home. We store our camper at my in-laws property and will camp in their back lot. We installed 50 amp service this year and can run the AC now. Trying to get into a state park is nearly impossible if you didn’t book 120 days out. Private campgrounds don’t offer much privacy and have a lot of noisy kids racing around.

We left Kings Mountain State Park, SC on the 1st, before the holiday crowd. We do not like crowded campgrounds. We will try not to go on School breaks or holidays. We went to Pigeon Forge on Spring Break and it was NOT relaxing at all. Next time we will go off season.

We're at Gilbert Lake State Park near Oneonta, NY for the week. It's one of our favorite NY state parks and is near our granddaughter's house, so we can visit her and her husband and play with our 5 year-old great-granddaughter while we're here. This is a very quiet park with spacious sites, exactly what we prefer for the 4th since no fireworks of any kind are permitted. Our two daughters and their partners are also here for the holiday weekend with their RV's on adjacent sites. The only downside is that it's been raining off and on yesterday and today, but may clear up enough tomorrow so the gang can go kayaking. We haven't decided yet whether we'll go north east to our Adirondack site for awhile or on to our site on a friend's farm in Vermont.

Here in a Colorado Springs koa but I’ve been here since June 7th waiting for a full timer spot elsewhere. It’s been a zoo so not too many changes but then again I’m at work all day so don’t get to see mos of the bedlam. Lots of extra activity in t evening though. I absolutely can’t wait for a better place.

as a recovering alcoholic and hav severe ADHD and OCD I cannot stress enough that the term “disability“ can be nebulous. Sometimes said “disability“ can be a useful skill depending on circumstance. Much of my family are combat veterans or have other disabilities. Some physical, some mental, some both. Strange topic to split off to though a discussion for another day in another section I suppose.

for now it’s work through the weekend and relaxing with my wonderful woman and pooch in the evenings. business partner and friend is coming by after our days work with family and we’re going to take over the KOA with our cooking!
Congrats on sobriety. 16.5 years here. I read a quote on one of these forums that I really like. Live life your entire life. Happy camping!

We are in Cody, WY for an FMCA chapter rally. We leave on Monday for the big FMCA convention in Gillette, WY. The campgrounds and traffic in this tourist town are crazy! Stuffed full on small sites, but I didn’t really expect anything else. Tourist places are always crazy over the holidays.

How does it work there? Do you just show up and hope you can get a site, since they don't do reservations?
Yes. People will get here early and look for a site and most do. Right now, with the exception of non electric sites the campground is full. It really is a nice campground, lots of trees, big swimming pool and wild blueberries you can pick, just don't pick the ones close to the road because dogs like to pee on them. Lol. I'm partial to the place because I work camp here, on my 2nd year didn't make it in 2020. We can hop on the Island Explorer bus and go to Acadia or Bar Harbor, they are running limited schedules this year but still works for us. This area is my happy place, I absolutely love the hiking here especially the summits.

non electric sites
I saw that you can't use a generator there in the rules.

I assume you just depend on your batteries to pump water to everything?

I'm in a class C motorhome.

I haven't had to do the non electric part yet.

Reactions: SMR
Back
Top Bottom