4x4 3/4 tow viechle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Giving serious thought to a 4x4  3/4 diesel vs a std 4x2 to tow a 5th wheel. plan on extended camping in Canada, alaska , Yukon , so thought the 4x4 might allow us to "venture down some roads we would not in a normal tow truck..  any suggestions, thoughts, prayers... etc

The 4x4 isa good idea, and not just for Canada.  When we towed a fifth wheel, we had a 4x2 limited slip and got stuck three separate times, each time in decent campgrounds.  Grassy sites can be slick or muddy after heavy rains and loose gravel can stop you dead on even a tiny grade.  4WD would overcome that in nearly all cases.

Gary is right. The Great White North isn't the only place to use 4WD. We went to an unimproved campground (read Hay Field) for a weekend and it rained Saturday. By the time we were ready to leave, my truck just sat in the wet grass and slipped. The trailer tires had sunk a couple of inches and the truck couldn't get things moving enough to get ourt of the rut. If I didn't have that extra shifter down there on the floor, we would have been in as much trouble as the eight or ten other trailers in the same predicament. I stopped and was going to unhook to pull a few neighbors out but a local farmer showed up with a tractor and all was well again.
Q

Back
Top Bottom