5Th Wheel bedroom slide

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

noone

Hello All. I was interested in buying a 5th wheel and using the bedroom with a slide out as my office. However, it seems the rails for the slides are under the beds. Is that true of all makes/models, or just the ones I have looked at? I really don't need a bed as much as an office. Was going to remove the bed, but that doesn't seem to be possible. Thank You in advance!

I think all of the ones with the bed on a slide it comes with the mechanism below the bed.  If you want a separate space for office, my suggestion is to look at Montana High Country 370 BR.  It's the best application for a separate space that can be use for office.

noone said:
Hello All. I was interested in buying a 5th wheel and using the bedroom with a slide out as my office. However, it seems the rails for the slides are under the beds. Is that true of all makes/models, or just the ones I have looked at? I really don't need a bed as much as an office. Was going to remove the bed, but that doesn't seem to be possible. Thank You in advance!

You don't necessarily need to forgo the bedroom in order to have an office. We too are looking for a 5thWheel with a separate area that can be repurposed as an office. While the Montana HighCountry 370BR that RVRAC mentioned is interesting, we're looking for something not so large which would allow us to camp in older campgrounds with tighter RV length limits; our ideal model would be something well-built and 4-season-insulated by a good-reputation manufacturer, and as small as the Grand Design Reflections 30BH with its rear-end slide, but with the CCC of the Northwood Fox Mountain 335BHS... We haven't found it yet, tho.

Cheers,
--
  Vall.

The Augusta Luxe LF 42MD has what then call a den. It has a jack knife sofa, a desk,  a closet you could put shelves in & the washer and dryer are in there.  You could put the door to the washer & dryer to open in the hall instead & either put shelves in the closet (with or without a door)  or remove it and extend the desk. There is an optional bunk over the sofa if you want it. The sofa slides out to expands the room.  We customized ours quite a bit.  We added drawers under the sofa, included wiring for HAM radio equipment (including a plug connected to the panel) & built a safe into the closet.  They are great at customizing things!

It depends on the floor plan, but most do indeed have the bed on the slide. Some layouts, however, will have a closet slide and that is typically flush with the floor. You will just have to hunt out that sort of layout. Or try the toyhauler suggestion, or maybe a motorhome with a closet slide or a full-wall slide.

Another possibility: Bunkhouse-style 5W often have an area with a set of 2-4 bunk beds. Removing the bunks should be easy and that would provide room for a desk and office equipment.

Some possibilities in the Keystone Cougar series:
XLite models 27RGS, 28SGS, 25RES (etc) have a closet slide in the BR.
34TSB and 326SRX 330RBK models have a rear bunkhouse that would convert nicely to a large office area.

See http://www.keystonerv.com/cougar-xlite/#/floorplans for some layouts (floor plans)

I have seen a few lately that have the wardrobe slide out. That would probably be an option for a desk but you will loose almost all of your storage up front.

Back
Top Bottom