6v vs 12v batteries

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You might ask local golf courses where they get theirs.

Good suggestion Frank. For many years I've bought batteries for RVs and boats from a supplier to golf courses.  Last time around, battery prices had shot up everywhere, and I went with a generic brand from a large distributor. I don't expect these cheaper batteries to last as long as the ones I bought from the golf course supplier.

Earlier today I checked out Trojan T-105's at one of the major solar suppliers in AZ, and came up with  a price of $144 with a minimum  quantity of four. Seems like the days of $.29/gal. of gasoline are way behind us. I bought a pair of T-125's from Gander Mountain about 1-1/2 years ago for $97 each, and at these current prices, hope they last forever. (wishful thinking)

My first set of AGMs only cost $150/each.  The last set cost about $200/each in 11/2005.  Haven't priced them lately.

The worldwide price of lead is way up  and has driven battery prices up with it. Ought to make the old ones more valuable too, but that doesn't seem to happen very quickly. Or at all in many stores.

Lead is currently priced at around $1.37/lb on the London Metal Exchange and  hefting your battery will give you a clue how much lead is in it. Lead futures don't show much, if any, downward trend either.

The last battery we bought we were given a $10 credit for the old battery.  But then I am sure that may not be the case everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom