7 Pin Connector - No Power at Aux connection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I do not know about that 7 Pin since I dont have one but on many outlets the Copper color is the 'HOT" wire (Electrical standard not electronics) and the "Sliver" one is the Neutral (in a 12 volt system Chassis ground)

The 7 pins are NOT IN ORDER
Ground. Left turn
Right turn
Tail
Batt
brake
and assorted.. Note the Assorted can be many things  (Often used for back up lights)

IF I recall correctly the two pins either side of the INDEX are Tail/Marker/License plate (Tail in the above list) and Battery.

regval said:
The studs may be the same material, just color coded for identification. When color coded, the power source (battery, supply, etc) should be attached to the copper colored stud or terminal and the load is attached to the silver. Color coded terminals on a dc breaker indicate some internal arc suppression is included, and to be effective, the current flow direction is important. There's a standard that specifies the color coding, but I've long ago stored all my references in the basement archive. The breaker will work even if wired incorrect, but I usually assume the battery is attached to the copper stud when troubleshooting.

Thanks. That works for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom