75 Minnie Winnie Lighting Problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rtrusty

New member
Joined
May 25, 2013
Posts
1
Any ideas why my rear blinkers will blink on both tail lights, but will blink on the correct light on the headlight system? Also, the break lights are not working. Tested the switch on the break peddle and it is working.
 
Most likely a bad turn signal switch. The turn signal switch typically selects its input power from either the brake light circuit, the turn signal circuit, or both.
 
Like Dennis, I would first suspect the multifunction stalk (turn signal, et.al.), or maybe it could be a bad bulb somewhere or maybe a ground that's not making good contact. 

Oh, welcome!
 
Could be a bad ground in the taillights themselves...... It could also be that the PO installed the wrong bulbs.  ::)

On a 38-year-old rig, you can expect to have a lot of electrical problems due to corrosion in the ground connections. I would tend to suspect a ground issue 1st in any/all electrical issues. Checking to be sure that you have a good ground could save hours of chasing your tail.
 
I've even seen situations where the right bulbs were installed, but 180 degrees out. Even though the pins are offset, the deep one was just pushed past the slot.

"Wayne & Carolyn...... 5 kids.... 14 grandkids." Hey Wayne, that's identical to our family.... Hard to keep up with all those grandkids, heh?
 
Water Dog said:
"Wayne & Carolyn...... 5 kids.... 14 grandkids." Hey Wayne, that's identical to our family.... Hard to keep up with all those grandkids, heh?
Ya.... Christmas gets pretty interesting but we are almost done shopping.... ;) ..... we put it off a few years ago and it was a fiasco. Now we carry around a Christmas list and we see something cool on sale, we check the list to see if one of the GK might be a fit for the item. ;D
 
Wavery said:
Ya.... Christmas gets pretty interesting but we are almost done shopping.... ;) ..... we put it off a few years ago and it was a fiasco. Now we carry around a Christmas list and we see something cool on sale, we check the list to see if one of the GK might be a fit for the item. ;D

When our first GK was born about16 years ago, the DW and I were Christmas shopping and she started to go nuts buying gifts for that grandchild. While still in the store, I reminded her that we have 5 kids all of which were married or in the process, and that most likely they would all have several children. She came to her senses and put many of the items back. Today....she's thanking me... ;) ;D
 
Water Dog said:
When our first GK was born about16 years ago, the DW and I were Christmas shopping and she started to go nuts buying gifts for that grandchild. While still in the store, I reminded her that we have 5 kids all of which were married or in the process, and that most likely they would all have several children. She came to her senses and put many of the items back. Today....she's thanking me... ;) ;D
Our oldest just turned 28 and we have 5 that are over 20 (don't ask)....... 20 is where we draw the line unless it's T/shirts or something...... usually just a gift card so that they remember who we are (we hardly ever see them after 18).

Only 1 of them could tell you a thing about fixing goofy electrical problems like this...... (had to stay on topic).... ;D
 

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
131,894
Posts
1,386,973
Members
137,648
Latest member
Ronsrn
Back
Top Bottom