94 c class water heater problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tnash542

Hey guys  got another problem.. Tried to test water heater today . Turned on pump turned on gas flip the switch light turns on red and nothing. Normally it will ignite and red light turns off . But nothing just red light. Everything else is working floor heater frig so gas is flowing. Does a water heater need to be plugged into into 110 to work?

Good battery and gas is all you should need.
While you have someone flip the switch on stand outside and watch/listen to the water heater.  Do you hear the spark trying to ignite the gas?  Yes, then it may be plugged orifice, no gas flow.  NO?  Then you either have a bad control board, no power to the control board.

That happens to me sometimes. What I do is light each burner on the stove for a few seconds and then turn on the furnace for a minute. Then the water heater will work. My problem is some air gets into the line and running the other propane items clears it out.

If it is a Suburban WH, check the 2 solenoid coils, they are know to go open circuit. As I recall a good coil is 45-50 Ohms and they are both the same.

Seiler bird I think you are right I remember this happening before and after messing with the stove it started working  but never put one and one together ,will try tomorrow  , let you know. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom