A.C. capacity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

danwfar

I replaced the engine A.C. compressor and dryer in my 1994 29' Brave and my mechanic doesn't know how much freon it takes. He says that he needs to know before he can charge the system. It has a GM 454 and if anyone has access to that info I would appreciate it?

While I suppose that is the best way, he can simply charge and watch his gauges until the pressure reads right. That's the way the after market "freon" charge kits work and it does fine. Seems like he ought to know that...

The engine make/model doesn't determine the a/c system size. That depends on the a/c system that Winnebago installed when they built the coach, probably an Evans Tempcon a/c system. Maybe Winnie can give you the specs, if your guy can't live without them.

I'd question your mechanics ability in AC work. Other than estimating how much to buy, I've never heard of using any means except monitoring pressure to determine when a full  charge is reached. Also, be sure he pulls a vacuum before charging the system since its been opened.

Ernie

The most accurate method of charging an A.C. system is by weight, if you know it.  Then, pressures and temps.  Beau (A.C. contractor for 30 years)

Thanks for all the help, Winnebago customer service also said 32 oz. I don't know why he wanted to know how much it may be because he wasn't too excited about working on an old motorhome.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RVN907
Back
Top Bottom