A Class 'B' propane consumption rate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Len and Jo

With the winter "storm" going across the states this weekend I figured it was a good time to survey how much propane was needed to keep our 2022 Ontour 2.2 warm. I was impressed while winter camping last winter how well the RV heated in 10f-20f weather. In preparation for this years winter camping season we have winterized the RV water system for year round use but question of how long would the propane last was still in the back of my mind. This cold snap gave me the opportunity to get a good estimate of what our propane consumption will be. Remember the Ontour 2.2 has a 12 gallon propane tank.

Attachments

• fuel consumption 1.jpg
    fuel consumption 1.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 20
This cold snap gave me the opportunity to get a good estimate of what our propane consumption will be.
I assume that those are observed rates of consumption? Did you actually operate the furnace while parked in each of those ambient temperatures? Consumption rates were totally linear as the outside temperatures changed? More information about your testing and how you arrived at those numbers would be helpful.

I assume that those are observed rates of consumption? Did you actually operate the furnace while parked in each of those ambient temperatures? Consumption rates were totally linear as the outside temperatures changed? More information about your testing and how you arrived at those numbers would be helpful.
"This cold snap gave me the opportunity to get a good estimate of what our propane consumption will be."

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garwaldo
Back
Top Bottom