A Dirty Subject

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We buy Scott "Rapid Dissolving" tissue from Amazon by the case.  Typically costs roughly $35 for a case of 12 "4 roll" packages ... which translates to 48 rolls per case ... or roughly $ 0.75 per roll.  We to thru 4-5 cases per year.  Compared to other brands - I'm paying roughly a $0.10 per roll premium for the "Rapid Dissolving".  Can't say with absolute certainty that it makes a noticeable difference ... but the "dime a day" cost is worth the peace of mind of knowing that I'm using wipe that's designed for RV use. 

Cottonelle Ultra Strong here. Use at home in septic system and in trailer. Haven't had any problem yet. And why put toilet paper in a trash bag when the system in your RV is designed to handle toilet paper? That's just 3rd world plain ol' nasty.

WalMart has a Store Brand in the regular TP aisle that has 1000-1200 sheets per roll it is single ply somewhat commercial paper we have used it for years, the only issue is if SWAMBO dabs to much and does not use enough water, it will still make a TP hill and it will need water and agitation to get it gone other wise it's good to go.

denmarc said:
I also love it when this topic pops up again!
Remember back in the day of tents when a trek out behind a tree somewhere was involved?  ;) :D

Just don't dig your cat hole in the middle of the trail. We actually came across this hiking in Maine.

Back on the farm when I was a kid we used corn cobs. A couple of red ones and then a white one to see if we did a good cleaning job.

judway said:
Back on the farm when I was a kid we used corn cobs. A couple of red ones and then a white one to see if we did a good cleaning job.

X2 For Corn Cobs.  Cleaning and itch relief at the same time....

Back
Top Bottom