A&E Awning adjustment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jeeze, give it a rest. Everyone who posted in this thread except Woody has posted within the last month, including the OP.
This time.

Just trying to save time. There has been once or twice I made a mistake and added my 0.02 into a thread, then after the fact looked at it again and realized I had commented on something that had been dead for a long time so I went back and deleted it. No point in me adding one more post to a thread that's years old and 27 pages long when I can start my own if I have a related question.

I'm sorry, Is reviving an old post with near identical problem solving information not allowed?
Since as you say it is in fact the same problem and you are referring back to it, It's ok. And a staff member would have moved it if it wasn't. However, in the general case it's better to start a new topic unless you really need the ancient comments to help explain yours. That avoids any confusion between the old vs new situation. You did a fine job of showing & explaining your awning issue, so a new topic would have worked just as well and no extra work.

I have tried grabbing the fabric with both hands and pulling hard. I can not get a firm grip on the fabric to pull it taunt and remove the bunching seen along the rail. It will not move.
With the bead screws removed, it should move, but sometimes the slot is gummed up or has gotten squeezed tight somewhere. Try some liquid silicone lube (e.g. 3-in-1 silicone or Superlube) all along the slot and maybe even pry a bit with a flat (and dull) blade like a stiff putty knife.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom