AAARRRGHHH! or...that was stupid.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BoomerD

Getting ready for a short outing with our local Elks group. Coach all loaded, airing up the tires, (last time it was almost 100F outside, so pressure was a bit lower today with the <60F weather...I have valve stem extensions for the rear tires with TMPS sensors on them...had a struggle getting the wheel cover on one wheel...TPMS sensor was interfering just a tad...tried to force it...snapped the end off the valve stem where the extension mounted... :-[

Tire service will be here in the morning to change the tire...then off to Les Schwab for a new valve stem.

Shoot me now. :p

I just got new Tires put on yesterday... With Brand New DULLY Valves on the rear NICE. Now I can check tire pressure WITHOUT removing the simulators (Wheel covers) Just the valve cap is all.

Long day though.

John From Detroit said:
I just got new Tires put on yesterday... With Brand New DULLY Valves on the rear NICE. Now I can check tire pressure WITHOUT removing the simulators (Wheel covers) Just the valve cap is all.

Long day though.

That will PROBABLY happen next year. The rear tires on this have some minor cracking...and they're 6 years old...so it's time for new shoes.

Hmm...turns out...the tires...at least the one I had repaired, are from 2002.  :eek:

I had the rig into this same Les Schwab tire store in 2016 before we made the drive to Yellowstone for the rally. I was told, "I checked all the date codes. None are older than 2012."
I SUSPECT the kid was just lazy and didn't want to dismount the duals to see 5he dat3 codes...
I'm kind of surprised they've held up as well as they have...like I said, some MINOR cracking, but nothing severe.
Today's trip cancelled...might not get back out until spring now. :(

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom