about to buy a '92 bounder 28', with a 454, 39k miles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

28bounder

hello all,
just hoping for any comments regarding this purchase. coach is clean and solid and most accessories work, (genny, a/c/fridge, etc...) but unit needs roof. i am handy enough to redo roof, but can't find much feedback on these coaches. cosmetics are easy for me. the systems are intact and functioning.
it's the right size for us and the price is very right for us at $3500 with a 96 saturn and towbar.
any and all comments are welcomed and appreciated. i've had many, many cars, trucks, a dozen boats to 42', but never an rv so....please send your thoughts.
thanks, jon

Motorhomes are tinker-toys!  There are so many systems, etc. that there seems to always be something needing attention.  I think our friends on the forum will agree that this is the case even if you purchase a new coach.  Fortunately, most are fairly simple and if you are handy you can pretty much do it yourself, if you like. 

We started out with an older unit and were quite happy.  If everything seems to be working now, it shouldn't be too difficult keeping it that way.  Make the leap and enjoy!!!!

I think you'll be happy with it, especially if you like projects. If you're not fixing you'll be modifying or adding accessories.
  The P-30 Chassis is solid with plenty of parts available both factory and generic. Fleetwood (Bounder) is a good manufacturer.
  I'm not sure where your Bounder was made but there's an RV parts/supply company in S.CA. that used to buy all the leftover parts (everything: body parts, front/rear caps, lights etc.) from Fleetwood, Riverside, CA. after the model year ended. They've got a lot of hard to find Fleetwood production parts.

thanks for the info. i'm gathering from some reading of past forum queries that bounders are neither cadillacs nor yugos, but somewhere in the middle. good to know. deal will be finalized soon as it's too good to pass up. saturn's worth 1500 so i'll have coach for 2k plus some resto time and money. thanks for the info.

I dont have any expiernce with major repairs like a roof job, but these old girls are a ton of fun. For us its like a blank canvas as we go thru our 1989 Fleetwood with upgrades and remodeling. I wish you luck and hope you enjoy whatever it is you get.

In 92 the Bounder was a middle line coach for Fleetwood, as you said. The Pace Arrow was top of the line, Southwind and Bounder were next.
I have a 93 Pace with similar setup to yours. If you have any questions let me know.

Woody

My only concern would be if there was water damage involving the roof repair.  Then you could get in over your head regarding replacing.  The actual replacement of the membrane is not all that bad.  Lots of labor, but doable.  Might even be worth paying to have it done.

28bounder said:
hello all,
just hoping for any comments regarding this purchase. coach is clean and solid and most accessories work, (genny, a/c/fridge, etc...) but unit needs roof. i am handy enough to redo roof, but can't find much feedback on these coaches. cosmetics are easy for me. the systems are intact and functioning.
it's the right size for us and the price is very right for us at $3500 with a 96 saturn and towbar.
any and all comments are welcomed and appreciated. i've had many, many cars, trucks, a dozen boats to 42', but never an rv so....please send your thoughts.
thanks, jon

We sold our 90 Bounder 31 and got into our 09 Journey 34Y last May. We loved that Bounder. It was built like a rock and never failed us.

Took it over Northern California and was never wanting for power or reliability. We used the Bounder full time and although it didn't have slides, we never really felt cramped inside. Everything worked and to this date whenever we talk about the Bounder it is always with fond memories. That 4 burner gas range is something hard to find these days.

There is a reason why you see so many Bounders. While they are not the flashiest, there is something about their basic foundation and user friendly design.

If everything checks out, that is a good price. That 454 should go for a long time if it has been maintained. If the current owner has service records make sure you go through them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holtt
Back
Top Bottom