AC, Fridge/Freezer, and 12 volt lights stopped working suddenly.... Until I ran the microwave and it all worked again!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds like a loose 12V connection. The refrigerator uses 12V to power the control board whether on gas or electric. The AC may operate the same way. Wonder if the vibrations from the microwave are what is causing the connection to make again.
I’m new to this and didn’t mean to jump in here I’m trying to find out how to ask a question about my norcold 6162

I’m new to this and didn’t mean to jump in here I’m trying to find out how to ask a question about my norcold 6162

Welcome to the forum.
Just go back to the beginning where all the various posts are listed then up in the right hand corner click on the red “post thread” box. Then scroll down to the section you feel your question will apply. Don’t worry if you put it in the wrong section. If a staff member feels that it’s in the wrong section and that it would get better exposure elsewhere, they’ll just move it for you.

You may first go to the welcome mat section and introduce yourself telling us a little bit about you and what you have for a RV. Then you can scroll down through the various sections and pick out the one which you think best suits your 1st question. All we ask that you create a new post for each question you have. It’s much easier for us to respond.

Last edited:
It could also be a failed on-board converter/charger. Mine was failed and like you I used an external battery charger for about 2 months instead of/in parallel with the on-board box.

Mine appeared to be producing power (13+ volts) but wasn't putting out any amps.

Back
Top Bottom