Adding a hitch to Drop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Had a couple 200s? and coupled them but they didn't generate enough power for microwave or fridge.
Not all small generators are created equal. The Honda Eu1000i weighs 29 lbs and two coupled together puts out 16.6 amps. Most microwaves use 11 amps or less. RV fridge's average highest draw is at startup around 7 amps. So you might have to turn off the fridge while running the microwave.

I’m not that familiar with the drop but have you considered a dolly or handtruck? Of course that is dependent on what you are towing with and storage capacity. If you have to lower it, you could consider loading ramps. Might be an option vs. extensive work on the attached.

I suspect you have the genset mainly to run the A/C to keep the dogs-and you from overheating,
The single axle means adding or subtracting weight to/from either end will have a big effect on hitch weight. Then there is the problem with 80# while driving, that 80# bouncing up/down can create much more dynamic force on the frame, perhaps as much as 500# when the trailer wheels hit a dip or large pothole.
Towing with a pickup truck solves that dilemma. Fasten the genset in the truck-bed, leave it there, and run your shore power cord to the genset. Naturally you'll need a quad-cab to travel with your dogs.
There will always be trade-offs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reggiejay1591
Back
Top Bottom