Adventurer 33V now or Journey 32T later?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mcewena said:
The other stumbling block is that due to bad luck or judgement none of my cars are towable even on a dolly so I'd have to trade (and of course lose money) and/or buy a fairly pricey aluminum trailer to keep the weight down.

mcewena, this may be off the beaten path but I have to ask, have you considered not towing? I don't know how you plan to travel so this could put a strong bearing on it. We do NOT tow 99% of the time but then again we are generally always on the go. The only time we deem it necessary is if we are to be in one place for more than a few days. Even then if it is something such as a rally where they have shuttle buses we don't bother then either. Even then if you own the MH for a year and decide that not towing is not working for you maybe you will then be in a better position to trade a vehicle for one that is lighter and towable? It's not really a suggestion, just a thought. Most people are more comfortable having a toad and may strongly disagree with the idea.

I can address camping and living in the 33V.  The longest trip we have made to date was 2-1/2 months and it was nice.  Very livable floor plan.  We have "camped" alone and met up with other couples at various sites.  We have fed 8 adults comfortably inside the MH.  Many times we have set up a 2x4 folding table in front of the rest easy sofa, pulled out a couple of folding chairs and played cards dominoes etc. all afternoon or evening.  It's fun.  I would tell you also that little MH's do all the things that big MH's do.  Buy what you can afford and just get out there and enjoy it.  Finally I would say - DO IT NOW - don't wait.  Life's short.

Dar said:
mcewena, this may be off the beaten path but I have to ask, have you considered not towing?

Yes that's an option, I just didn't want to spend the money and not be able to tow at all.    Our 2nd car (around town junker) isn't going to last forever, I guess we could not tow until we trade it and get one that is more suited to towing on vacation ie  fwd with working a/c ;)  Until then we could rent.

However:

All that being said and despite some excelent advise from this forum when we got the cheque book out we just couldn't make the commitment, so we're renting a camper in Germany next year instead.  We figured buying the RV would close the door on seeing more of europe and we didn't want to do that.  Maybe after we've got that bug out of our system we'll be back.

Thanks all!

Back
Top Bottom