Advice on potential purchase - Fleetwood Mallard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drenwick

I'm a TT newbie and I'm looking for any input on a 2000 Fleetwood Mallard 26M I'm considering buying.  Any experiences good or bad, any problem areas to watch out for, maybe a guess on fair price (he's asking $9000, NADA guide says $6500).  Thanks for any and all info you can provide!

Dan

A Mallard is an entry level trailer and as good as any in its class. 

As for the price, don't even consider paying over NADA book. If a private sale, offer substantially less and no more than NADA low retail. If it is a no-trade transacation wiht a dealer, offer substantially less than NADA retail and try to close the deal for somewhat less than NADA low retail.  If you have a trade-in, figure NADA wholesale for your trade against low retail for the newer one.  You may be able to do beter than these suggestions, but you should not accept any worse deal.  If the seller won't deal, go find another rig - there are many, many excellent used RVs available.

Dan,

Everything Gary said, plus a little bit more: Make sure everything is working as it should and, if not, make sure you have some recourse. Maybe in the form of a holdback or something other, but make sure you have it in writing and are dealing with a reputable dealer. If a private party, be very cautious! Without a 'brick and mortar' establihment, they may be gone shortly after your check clears the bank. Anyone asking $2500 over NADA is suspect. :-\

I would look carefully for any indications of water leaks - that's a killer - if you smell anything like mold or mildew - run

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeeRob
Back
Top Bottom