Aging Musicians

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I fins it interesting that the number one artist on the list, Willie Nelson is still going strong and he has been smoking pot his entire life. There are five other pot smokers in the top ten.
When I was in high school I took guitar lessons from Bobby Helms. A few years later he was traveling and playing full-time. He once told " you can't play in front of an audience sober".

There ought to be a list here for the "non aging musicians" - the ones that burned out like Jimmy Hendrix, Mama Cass, Jim Morrison ........

Steve Martin - Blue Grass Hall of Fame. Might already be in it.
Not in the IBMA (International Bluegrass Music Assoc) hall of fame, but he has received from the IBMA:
  • Collaborative Recording of the Year (2007)
  • Distinguished Achievement Award (2015)
  • Entertainer of the Year (2011)
I'd say he qualifies easily as a musician.

Very few musicians have the skill on their instrument that Steve does.
Well there 'ya go. Yet another reason why I have not been named to any nominating committee tasked with deciding who belongs on any list of musical greats-- young or old.

I would like to thank those here who have contributed to my appreciation of musicianship as it pertains to the abilities of Mr. Martin and would also like to publicly apologize to Steve if in any way my comments may have been interpreted to diminish his considerable talents.

Now get that damned arrow off you head Steve and play us another song! :LOL:

I think less than half the musicians in the R&R HOF don't belong there.

• LaVern Baker
  • John Lee Hooker
  • The Impressions
  • Wilson Pickett
  • Jimmy Reed
To name a few.

Now get that damned arrow off you head Steve and play us another song! :LOL:

"The arrow-through-the-head was a thing we used to sell at Disneyland,” Martin recalled. “It was just so silly. It was like anti-comedy.”

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anewvisionllc
Back
Top Bottom