Air Conditioners Dripping Water Inside

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dan_Frisbie

2017 Georgetown GT5
Both A/Cs will occasionally start to drip water out of the air filter onto the floor. Once a pull and replace the filter, the problem sometimes goes away. If I select “Dry” (dehumidify) on one unit, the problem disappears for a while.
Is there a drain that may be full of gunk and just not draining the interior humidity out?
I haven’t pulled the covers yet, but that’s my next step.
It has been extremely hot and humid in NW Florida lately.

Often this is caused by the divider/plenum that separates chilled air from return air not being sealed tightly. The chilled air is under pressure and is forced through any openings into the warm return air, where it condenses moisture in the air.
This condensate falls out as water from where it is not supposed to be, your air filters.
Closely inspect the dividers/plenums with a bright light, plus feel for chilled air blowing into the return air duct/opening. Patch all openings with metal duct tape.

Had a simular problem and the suggestion from Ray-In will solve the problem. You will also find that you air conditioning will work a lot better because you are not losing so much cold air into the roof area .

@Ray-IN, will I need to remove any interior panel/cover to do this?
Will I be able to see/feel everything from the inside the RV, looking into the air on unit itself?
Thanks

@Ray-IN, will I need to remove any interior panel/cover to do this?
Will I be able to see/feel everything from the inside the RV, looking into the air on unit itself?
Thanks
You'll have to remove the ceiling cover. Once removed you'll see the plenum where the fan forces the cold air into the ceiling ducts and/or through the cold air vents in the ceiling cover. Next to that will be the return air cavity where the warm air from the cabin is drafted or circulated back up into the working of the a/c. Make sure those two compartments are completely isolated from one another.

Funny that you mentioned this now, I am getting lunch at a Mexican restaurant and the air conditioning vent above my table is dripping water on the back of my neck

Turn the fan on high and On instead of Auto to reduce icing on the evaporator coil.

Two thigns I found. one the drains are on the rear if the RV is ever so slightly "Nose down" .. Re-leveling van help.
#2 if the intake filter (Usually in the A/C grill inside the RV) needs cleaning the blower can build up a vacuum and suck water out of the drip tray. In this case when the fan stops it don't drip NIAGRA FALLS

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garwaldo
Back
Top Bottom