Air Dragon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

John From Detroit

Anyone use one... Ollie's (Great stuff cheap) has 'em for 20 bucks.. I just got one

I do not think it will do the motor home but I'm more interested in the car and the utility cart (both 60 PSI on the space saver car spare)  Runs off rechargable battery pack or 12 volt cord.

Looks easier to use than my other 12 volt compressor. Do not know the power draw at 60 PSI though. that's a limiting factor when using car power.

I have an assortment of compressors. I did get the unit. and was thinking of 3 tires that occasionally need air.. Used it this Am on two of 'em

Now these are all "small" tires. Two Bicycle and one "utility cart" for some reason just one utility cart keeps loosing air the others hold up well and need air about 1x a year.. that one .. every time I unload it.

Worked very well. Very slow but very well.. I'm guessing it will work on the space saver spare on my car as well (unlike the bigger 12 volt car powered) because the bigger one is only good to about 40 PSI and I need 60 for that tire. then Pop goes the line fuse on the car. This one running slower will draw less amps.

But man was it easier pedaling my buns across the lake (Bridge) for coffee with teh coffee club. Turns out the bicycle tires were at half pressure.

Now if I wanted to use it in a BIG tire.. I'd be all day on the car's regular tires and all week on the motor home. so yes it's junk, though as as BICYCLE pump it's great.

If you are looking for a good compact Air compressor look at Viair 300. We use it off roading in jeep to air tires back up after a day on trails. It will take all 4 tires from 18 lbs to 40 in about 5 mins. I was very impressed with it.

Ghostman said:
If you are looking for a good compact Air compressor look at Viair 300. We use it off roading in jeep to air tires back up after a day on trails. It will take all 4 tires from 18 lbs to 40 in about 5 mins. I was very impressed with it.

X2 for Viair, I have the RV version. Very high quality piece of equipment, but not cheap.

I saw that Viair compressor,  and it draws 30 amps.

ain't no cigarette lighter plug in deal is it ?

For BIG tires or Fast fills I have a Sears Crafstman 150 PSI 6 Gallon tankj.
For emergency use I have some small tankless (12 and 120 volt) compressors though the 120 needs a new chuck.

But for the Bicycle and Utility cart.. THat's what I bought the Dragon for.. Bicycle tires you do not want to fill 'em too fast.. I've done that in the past and it is LOUD when they go off (Think shotgun)

The Dragon did a fantastic job.. But I'd nto want to use it on anything bigger save as a 'Top off" for the space saver spare since the 12 volt tankless in the car blows fuses over 40 P:SI. and I need 60

sightseers said:
I saw that Viair compressor,  and it draws 30 amps.

ain't no cigarette lighter plug in deal is it ?
No, it connects directly to the battery and it's good to have the engine running while you are using it. It does take more than a little power to run a decent compressor, whether AC or DC. That 30 amps DC is 3 amps AC.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom