airbox hitch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

krobbins

What can anyone tell me about the airbox 5er hitch in comparison to an air pin box such as "airborne". Will the box give the truck a better ride, the  5er or both ? Most of the roads here in Ca. are pretty rough and my girls ride almost exclusively in the 5er and it is pretty rough, I'd like to smooth it out. Maybe other suggestions could be helpful.

Good grief  riding in the 5vers.  Good Lord  you must not like your girls very much.  That is an absolute NO NO  I'm not sure any state even permits it.  Just my Opinion but DUMB DUMB DUMB idea.  Sorry for the statement but that's how I feel.  There are states that may take you girls away from you because of abuse.  This I just can't believe.  Too much for me I'm gone.

I didn't ask this question for the purpose of debating the morality of someone riding in a 5er, the law says it is ok in Ca. as long as the rules are followed. I am a 3rd generation heavy construction contractor and would not allow my children to ride as they do if it were not safe. Virtually all problems with disconnects are the fault of the one connecting the tow vehicle to the trailer. Pay attention to proper connection and check for how parts wear for maintanance and repair.
I have problems with objects moving around in the 5er which means a hard ride for anything in the trailer, the trailer it'self, and a hard ride in my truck. I'm tring to soften it a bit.

I do not have the air ride hitch but I do have the fifth airborne pinbox and what a difference that made pretty smooth sailing now.Took almost all of the bouncing/pulling ) away. 8)

Before I purchased the 5th airborne I did some study.  It seems from other users of the Moyride pinbox that it does more for the chucking than the vertical movement.  The 5th Airborne does both.  If you look at both pinboxes internal workings you will see a vast difference in technology.

I thank you all for your input on this. I think that I'm going to go with a 5th airborne . After looking at Mor-ride and  Trailair also , I think that you could toss a coin and come up with a pretty good product. But, I think, Airborne  may do me a better job on Californias' bad Sierra highways.
Thanks again

I did alot of research on the different air pin boxes and just bought the 5th Airborne.  Can't tell you how it will work as it hasn't been installed yet.  We are going back to Florida in a couple of weeks and I am anxious to try it out.  I purchased it through a local independant dealer and found it to be alot less expensive than other service centers.

Will let you know how much of a difference it made when I return in the middle of May.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThiWanderer
Back
Top Bottom